It was a good win...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COramprat, Nov 6, 2010.

1. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Wow. Nice to see our student section jump out in front of the Race to the Bottom by vulgar student sections around the country. This makes me such a proud LSU alumnus. Seriously, my chest is puffed out a mile. :nope:

Seriously guys. Seriously. :huh:

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I wasn't at the Tenn game so I missed it or I would have said something then. I just find it tasteless but obviously there is a legacy to fulfill. :dis:

Why not be remembered as in '03 during the Georgia game? After UGA scored in the 4th the student section started the "L-S-U" chant. Mark Richt commented about it later in an interview.

Now Saban can go home and say...yeah we got whipped but the LSU student section was brilliant. They know how to drop an f bomb directed at me in unison and have some sort of fetish about giving tiger bj's.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Man, I just heard the Tenn Neck and I agree with you. That's unacceptable. What was even more surprising is that I saw a lot of non-students participating, unless LSU is a hotbed for balding 40 somethings going back to college. Must be "crowd rage" or some other made up excuse. That needs to stop now or we start looking like the national losers for fans, not to mention your point about young kids attending. When I get my son there next year, I will certainly not look to sit any where near the student section (probably a good idea anyway).

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Long distance, long time LSU fan here..could someone please spend a few moments in IM me the issue, i.e., what is the LSU NECK and what is going on. I am pretty blind and deaf too, so I could not get m uch out of the video. Really curious. Thanks.

hwr

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It's an older pop song that the band plays and is popular with the fans. Over the last few years the students have been making up chants to go along with songs the band plays...usually with an off color word or phrase. They have taken it to a new level with this phrase. I won't repeat it but it has something to do with students wanting to perform fellatio on a tiger.

7. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

You're overreacting. You can't hear the students chanting that where I sit. Students are always going to come up with something immature. With that said, I don't agree with them saying it. I will, however, defend their right to allow themselves to be seen as an ass by those around them that can actually hear them by virtue of free speech.

8. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

You do understand that it is Louisiana State University, right? There is more going on than a football game. As you know, students work all week and get to enjoy 8 home games a year to have a good time while they are in college. If Joe Alleva wants to take away from the people who are paying to be here then he is an idiot.

If it really bothers you that much then watch the game at home. Are you also the guy who tells the people in front of you to sit down during the game? If you want to enjoy the game your way, then stay home on your couch.

Seems like someone wishes they were still 18.

9. roynav

roynav free your mind

So you'll defend the students right to act like asses and embarrass the University and football team? But you'll attack the right of people to complain about such students embarrassing the University? Nice logic.

Would you like our football team to behave like that? If not,why give the guilty students a pass?

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It is truly sad that they think this is a "cool" thing to do. Really pathetic. Good for the band for deciding not to play it if the degenerate punks can't keep it classy.