It was all me

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Aug 30, 2014.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

There were a couple of moments that I knew it would be difficult to come back and get the W but stayed positive throughout. Apparently the team did also, which was much more important.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I was at a friend's house watching the game with other folks there. They were all cursing and calling for Miles' head by the end of the 1st quarter. I calmly looked at them and told them I didn't know why they get all worked up over the game so early; it doesn't really start until the 4th quarter. I also told them that sometime in the second half, Chief would stack the box and make them throw (like teams used to do to us with JJ at QB), which would cause mistakes to be made and LSU would win because of it. They all laughed and said I was living in a dream world.

That said, I would have preferred LSU didn't give up the big plays that put them in the hole, but I was pretty confident they would dig their way out one way or another. It was almost as if all those people had never watched an LSU game before.

gyver, islstl, b_leblanc and 4 others like this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Sounds like you are part of the coaches gameplan staff, lol. You were spot on!

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's what most of them were crying about. 'LSU wouldn't have come back if our starters on D didn't get hurt', which is the dumbest of all arguments. Everyone should know by now that you need depth to beat elite teams. 1 deep won't cut it against upper echelon teams.

islstl and cajdav1 like this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Can't believe you rubes are trying to take credit. I went to the DVR at the first sign of trouble. That alone put us over the top.
    Geaux Tigers

Unfortunately, one word: Georgia!

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Defer to Don Meridith: "If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas!"

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I had nothing to do with shit, but..... I didn't lose 1 ounce of faith throughout the entire game.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I just want to thank you all for bringing home the victory! I'd like to say I contributed but in reality the scotch had me worthless by the second half!

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  9. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Is that because of how many ounces of bourbon you had in your body at the time?

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Well another week before kick off with no shower seems to keep this record of ours alive... y'all are welcome.

I don't care what the score is, I don't stop watching LSU anything till the play clock hits 00:00. And I was rewarded with one badass B1G ass whooping.

ParadiseiNC likes this.