It was obvious that we were faking the FG

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 10, 2010.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

According to what Jasper said, it was the exact oppostie of what you thought. :hihi:

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

This is exactly what I was thinking while lining up for that FG. I had no doubt Jasper would make the kick...but I was still very nervous about the final outcome at their crib. I was thinking it was critical that we got a TD on that drive.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I was at the deer camp and one of the guys called it. Why would you take a time out and ice your own kicker.

1 person likes this.
  4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well the announcers were calling fake during the entire timeout so a lot of the audience was ready for it. Who knew it would be the old over the head lateral to the kicker fake. One would think they could have figured out another fake by now. Did work though. Unlike the time Bo Pelini tried it at Nebraska. :shock:

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I called it in the Tiger Chat just before the snap. I don't know if UF read it or not, but I think part of what helped them react well is that they really looked like they felt they didn't have to go all out to block it. Low percentage kick, you want to make sure you don't commit a stupid penalty, which would have given us the first down anyway. That fake goes for big yardage if UF is selling out for a block.

6. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

I was just rewatching the fake to see if FL still had a timeout. They did. I wonder if LSU was trying to sucker FL into using its last timeout in an attempt to to ice the kicker and expecting to call the fake during that t.o. When it was clear that FL wasn't going call one, then LSU had to call theirs. I certainly was holding my breath and waiting for Meyer call a t.o. Think of the Auburn game a few years ago when he called a timeout just before the snap and the Auburn kicker nailed it. He turned around and did it again, won the game, and ran around the field doing the gator chomp.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

calm down dude

you're losing it

we barely made the first down and the Florida team wasn't fooled like Leslie thought they would be. That much is fact.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i'm not losing it.
    just see no reason to minimize last night.
    if that's not you're intentions, i apologize, but that's what it looks like.

was 4th and 3. we got 5
    a two yard cushion isn't "barely making it"
    we were closer to get double what we needed than we were to not making it.