It wasn’t supposed to be like this. LSU was supposed to lose lots in 2018.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 21, 2018.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

And yet, we are 7-1 in what everyone thought would be a "year-away" season. Look, we're really not that far apart in our opinion. I gather you are wait and see with a lean to him not being right; I am wait and see with a lean to him being the guy, or, at least, the "good enough: guy..

Chipeace and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Nothing translates to 11/3. Winning by 2 tds after winning the biggest game in years was important.

Keeping them out the ez and running out the clock halfway thru the 3rd was a good thing in this game. If it was Les moo u would have had a last drive to take the lead. At least post 1/9/2012 les. We throttled them regularly early in his career.
    Burrow

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. BP

BP Founding Member

Agree. A question arises as to how much more conservative the offense is because of Tracy and the fact that the defense has largely controlled the second half with the exception of the Florida game. I think this game will answer that question.

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I have no doubt bama is as good as advertised and LSU is battle tested. I cant say who is going to win but I know we will give them all they want.

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’ve seen a difference between E’s offense and Miles’.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

me too, just not a lot of difference once they get to the red zone

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I was as big a skeptic as anybody, but Coach O has done a great job. If he deserved blame after Troy, he deserves credit now. He appears to have hired some good coaches and his team plays for him. Whatever happens in 10 days, both of these things are still true. They are far ahead of where I thought they'd be. Geaux Tigers!!!!

mctiger and Bengal B like this.
  8. BP

BP Founding Member

I understand your concern. Again, I think (hope) that this was a deliberate decision not to take any chances and rely on Tracy and the defense. It has worked so far. I doubt that it will work against Alabama and that we will not be able to play as conservative when in scoring position. I believe this game will tell us a lot about this team, O, and E, win or lose.

kcal likes this.
  9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Yeah, you aren't gonna beat these guys with a bunch of field goals.

The weather was ugly and Miss St has zero passing game, so he played it conservative. I don't think he was super conservative against Georgia or Florida or Auburn. The other games, he had big leads so he sat on them.

Chipeace likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

What facts? This is E's first year at LSU as a fulltime OC. Facts? Facts are we are an unexpected 7-1. Facts are considering having basically an OL held together by bailing wire and duct tape, a transfer QB who E has had a grand total of 80 days to work with, 2 new RB's, new WR's and basically one healthy TE what E has done is marvelous. Those are facts.

You have no facts just an opinion based on your dislike of E. No matter what E does you will find something to complain about and run him down. I read your post and I assume they are factual.

CalcoTiger likes this.