It's all about the new QB...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 30, 2004.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree that your O-line vs our D-line will be a big key. With the recent history between these teams, I don't think our fans or team will overlook you guys. Anything can happen with this new rivalry and we've seen some pretty crazy chapters. We may be talking some big words right now but that's what a freakin NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP :champs: will do to you.

Our young QB struggled when forced to play two years ago. Maybe Randall was in shock after seeing first-hand the number of students at Aubarn that actually live in trailers. Or maybe Teletubby's ears affected his peripheral vision. If a young QB starts for us this year, it'll be by choice. We also have backup options if the starter struggles, unlike last time. The little we saw of lil Claussen last year was ugly.

Knowing how tough our schedule is helps me keep things realistic. I'll be satisfied with going undefeated in nonconference and winning the SEC West. I don't expect to win all three road games but certainly feel like we can. It's nice to have that swagger.

2. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Low blow low blow, the referee deducts one point from Mr. Tirks score card!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hpw many times have you seen Elway, Montana, Marino, Staubach, Favre, ect .... take his team on his back and come from behind to win a game because he is a great QB who rose to the occasion?

5. GoldenFlashes72

GoldenFlashes72 Founding Member

Blah, Blah, Blah

LSU's huge, deep and talented lines on both side of the ball will crush Auburn. There is nowhere to run or hide.

15 passes (short, sweet, safe and conservative) should do it for LSU just to keep AU from piling 8 in the box.

AU won't stop the LSU running game. LSU will stuff the AU running game.

Wars are won in the trenches. LSU has the best lines and it isn't even close. Period. End of story.

Huge advantage LSU. :lsug: :helmet: :champs: :geaux: :lsug: :helmet: :champs: :geaux: :lsug: :helmet: :champs: :geaux:

6. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

I think there are plenty of LSU fans who will overlook AU, mostly because of their intense dislike for us. But like its been said before in this thread, I think its WAY too early to be making predictions.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

7. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Because of my intense dislike for Auburn it is the game I can't wait for......and
    never overlook. But thats just me. :mad:

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Well, to be honest with you, I don't recall any of those QB's "taking a team on his back" during their college careers. The one exception might be Montana, but even then in only in the one game against Michigan. Only after turning pro and being surrounded by a cast of quality professionals did most of these QB's become legends.

The only QB I see in the SEC that looks like he could potentially fit that description might be Chris Leak. David Greene is good, but if he was capable of playing mule he would've already done so. My point is not to bash anybody's QB, just saying (IMHO) that the big-uglies will decide the west, not a QB.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Montana also brought the Irish from way back to beat Houston in the 4th quarter of a Cotton Bowl played in frozen tundra like conditions. Elway at Stanford completed a last minute drive against Ohio State with a TD pass to a receiver in the right corner of the end zone while eluding a rush running to his left. It is still the greatest pass by a college QB I have ever seen. Favre engineered upsets for Southern Mississippi over Alabama and Florida State that got Curley Hallman the LSU job. Byron Leftwich brought Marshall back from 4 TDs down in the 4th quarter against Toledo in the MAC Conference Championship Game. Marino threw the winning TD pass in the Sugar Bowl to beat a Hershel Walker led defending national champion Georgia team.

As recently as last season North Carolina State would never have pushed Ohio State to 3 OTs without the heroics of QB Phillip Rivers.

I didn't see Staubach play in college but he must have done something special if he won the Heisman while playing for Navy.

No, its not a prerequisite to have a great QB to win a title but there have been teams that have won only because they had a great QB.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Absolutely positively no way in hell that Tiger fans ovelook Auburn after the stunts Tub-o-chit has pulled in the past!!!! No way no how!!!! There is no team I and I think most Tiger fans love to hate more than AU and 99.9% of it can be attributed directly to big ears himself. However most war chickens that visit this board on a regular basis have been a pleasure to talk with and I for one welcome a view from the outside. :geaux: :lsug: :champs: