It's all about the new QB...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 30, 2004.

1. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Ok, to clarify my statement. I say this because of the bold statements made by GoldenFlashes and a couple others on this board. And by the way you all talk and slam our team all the time, it SOUNDS like you all are going to over look us.

And heres my one tiny input on "tub-o-chit" or "big ears" which ever you prefer. Just keep in mind that he and Saban are actually good friends. So think what you may, but the man that you all put so high up on a pedestal is actually friends with Tubberville. :)

WAR DAMN EAGLE

2. lsu92

lsu92 Founding Member

Morgan,

I believe Saban and Tubs appear friendly only because they share an agent. Let me take you back to the 2000 LSU/ Auburn game in Auburn. AU is up 27-17 with less than a minute left to play. Tubs pulls Rudi Johnson off the sideline to score a last second touchdown on a one yard run. I do not think Saban was feeling all warm and fuzzy about Tubs at this point. Friends....I seriously doubt it.

3. AUMorgan21

Doubt me if you want to, but I know what Im talking about. And Ive even read some of the posters over here say that the two of them are friends. So maybe you just dont believe it because its coming from an AU chick, and youd rather hear it from an LSU person to believe it. Trust me, I didnt say that friendship meant that they run to mid-field to give big hugs after games. Im sure they know how to differentiate business from friendship. And in 2000 that was what, Sabans first year?? I didnt say theyd been best buds since elementary school.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

4. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

wow, you'd take JC over Matt Jones and/or Bradie Croyle??

Personally, JC was the reason yall sucked last year...pre-season #1's aren't supposed to go 8-5

JC will be the reason yall don't make it to the top again

he is a mediocre Qb at best.

also, auburn fans are acting like your OC was the reason yall lost 5 games last year...when the IU coach was fired hired, i was reading at how disappointed everyone was...now he is a savior

at jordan-hare or not....LSU 28 AU 6

5. AUMorgan21

Like I said before, its way too soon for predictions, especially ones as bold as that one. And about JC, no I dont think HE is the reason we lost 5 games last year. Let me think I could name lots of reasons, and I dont think he would even be at the top of the list. O-line not blocking is one big reason, and how is JC the only one to blame when he throws perfect passes to recievers that just cant seem to catch them or he doesnt even have time to get the passes off because the o-line just let somebody through to sack him???? Please "o wise one", explain that one to me, because your reasoning doesnt make sense.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

6. LSUstudent

it's never to early to start making predictions:

LSU 2005 national champs :)

let's see, i watched pretty much every auburn game last year...yall got a lot of TV time...let's see, usc, gawja tech, wisconsin, ut, ole miss, vandy, arkansas, jawja, and of course LSU...those are just at the top of my head

even in the games u won, i still wasn't impressed w/ JC...like someone else said, they though JC was the 10th best QB in the SEC...and I agree here....he is grossly overrated

7. AUMorgan21

I wasnt singing his praises about how great a QB he was. I just meant that people are way too hard on the kid. Everybody makes it out like all the pitfalls of the team are all HIS fault, and they arent. You can think hes overrated all you want, just dont slam the kid for doing the best he can. I dont see you out there on Saturdays in the fall do I?? :)

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

8. LSUstudent

i'd give anything to be able to walk through the tunnel on a saturday night in death valley wearing purple & gold

i wouldn't care what people said about me...it's tough being in the spotlight...jc knew that coming in...our QB mc is going through the same...many LSU fans don't think he is capable but he has handled himself very well

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

AU did not live up to preseason expectations last year due to several factors of course, JC weas just one of the several factors. Opposing teams were putting 8 & 9 in the box and daring AU to throw and they couldn't put together any sustained passing threat. I believe that was due to both a poor scheme which didn't take advantage of the players abilities or inabilities, JC overthrowing many receivers and receivers either not running good routes or dropping passes. In the games I saw Auburn play last season it seemd as though there was only one option and if wasn't open the play was dead. In the Tennessee game though, the O-line blocked very well and that opened up passing lanes, which in turn helped the running game prosper. I thought your D played pretty good last year for the most part and the Offense did progress as the season went along.

As for developing a scheme where you guys utilize Brown and Caddilac in the backfield at the same time, I've never seen that work. I am praying that LSU doesn't develope an offense where they try and have Alley and JV in the backfield at the same time. I can remember ooodles of times when teams had 2 or 3 great backs and instead of alternating them as a good team does they try and force the issue by putting them both in and lose all semblance of identity and rythym in their offense. Addai and JV or Broussard & Addai would be ok as Addai was a damn good fullback and a great lead blocker.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Well, Ben Obamanu sure as hell is one reason you lost a game last year, and no matter what Auburn fans want to say, Jason Campbell is not the answer, has not been the answer, and unfortunately for the young man, will never be the answer at quarterback for Auburn.

For the better part of three years now, The Lovliest Little Village on the Plains and its football team has had the benefit of not just a good running game, but an absolutely first class rushing attack powered by the likes of Tre Smith, Ronnie Brown, and of course, the future first round pick Carnell. For the better part of three years, Auburn has lost at least 3 games, and lost out on a shot to represent the Western Division in the SEC Championship game.

For the better part of three years, they have had an adequate defense-if not at sometimes great.

So, why has Auburn never been able to reach the top of the mountain? Why have their outstanding facility, their rabid fan base, their athletes, been unable to overcome other teams, etc?

Why has Auburn been unable to achieve success on the same level of LSU? Hell, even Arkansas went to the SECCG in 2002?

The reason? It's twofold...

They've stuck with Jason Campbell, and they have provided him NO continuity in terms of his teaching and development. Jason's had how many offfensive coordinators? If LSU had signed this guy, is there any doubt that he would have progressed further? Is there any question this man would be a better football player?

The answer to those two questions is: Of course!

Last year, Auburn's problem was their offensive line. They were totally let down by their offensive line. With a running game that couldn't compete against top flight defenses, the pressure again sagged back onto Campbell, and with a young wideout corp, you saw miscues, and with Campbell's lack of proper teaching and natural progression of development, examples of this pressure like Obamanu's touchdown catch gaffe last year reared their ugly head.

Unfortunately for Auburn, they think that their solution lies in merely replacing what they term as inferior coaching with new coaching that will suddenly inspire their players to perform at a higher level. Unfortunately, while that's sometimes the case when you change your wholesale philosophy, something else happens as a negative side effect.

Your players learn a new playbook. They get new teachers. They get a new attitude from those teachers. They learn new terminology. They can't hone what they already know. They have to unlearn that and start the learning process all over again.

It's like changing majors in college. You're still in college, so in that sense, it's the same. But, new classes, new requirements, and new subject matter.

Auburn won't succeed, and it's because Jason Campbell has never been allowed to flourish and have a coach, and offense, and a philosophy stick with him over a long time period. When the time comes to depend on him, his foundation is that of multiple offensive coordinators. Multiple offenses. Multiple situations where he's failed over and over. He will continue to do so.

Just my $0.02