Its all in the name...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, May 4, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

To get off the Price thing, I would like to share my findings of what it takes to be a superstar.

Have you ever wondered what it takes to become a superstar athlete. Well, as I was sitting bored off my a$$ today, I came to the conclusion that is all in your name. Fact is, if you have a cool name or just a catchy name you have a chance at becoming a superstar.
    Just think about most of the superstars in the NFL for instance:
    Some that come to mind are:
    Junior Seau
    Duece Macalister
    Tiki Barber
    Keshawn Johnson
    Joe Montana
    these are just a few, there are many more. You never or should I say rarely have a John Smith or Dan White become a superstar. and its not just that black guys have cooler names, the white superstars always seem to have a catchy name also.

Just look at some of the LSU players to come through who have been superstars at LSU:
    Rohan Davey
    Billy Cannon
    Cecil Collins (brief time)
    Labrandon Toefield
    Demetrious Hookfin (well, nevermind, I guess he is an exception to the rule)

I can tell you right now who is going to be the superstars of the current LSU roster:
    Joseph Addia
    Jamarcus Russel
    Laron Landry (sounds like a bada$$)
    and of cours others but I will not bore you more than I already have.

Tampa Bay QB Brad Johnson has already figured out the key to becoming a superstar, thats why he named his kid "Maximus Johnson". and that is no joke its for real.

So if you want your kid to become a superstar just name him something cool and sit back and watch. If you have an uncool last name I would suggest changing it, trust me, if you want your kid to bring in the big $$, a cool name is a must.:D :D

I know, I know, I have way to much time on my hands!!!:eek:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No Kidding!

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Former Dallas Cowboys QB was Danny White. Thats a pretty regular name.

4. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Everyone just smile and nod your head.

:D :)

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How did Michael Jordan ever become such a superstar with such an ordinary name? or Tim Duncan, Jack Nicklaus, Mark McGwire, Dan Marino, Alex Rodriguez, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, Arnold Palmer, Ted Williams, Ron Guidry, Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Dick Butkus, Richard Petty, Allen Iverson, John McEnroe or Earvin Johnson (oh yeah, his nickname is Magic)

I couldn't think of any superstars named Smith or Jones so if that is your last name maybe you should name your kid something like KobeShaq MagicTigerWoods Smith

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A couple of former LSU stars named Bert Jones and Jim Taylor didn't do too bad. I guess Kevin Faulk and Josh Reed got left out of being black guys with cool names. Never fear. If you have an ordinary sounding name and become even just a better than average player Chris Berman of ESPN will think of a cool nickname to give you if you make the Top Ten Plays of the Week - Sammy (Say it ain't) Sosa, Jose (Inna Gada Da) Vidro, Steve (Alto) Sax, Frank (Sweet Music) Viola, Mark (Eve of Destruction) McGwire, Craig (mattinae at the) Biggio, Jose (Let me take you on a sea) Cruz. Maybe Robert Lane who didn't come to LSU because we signed 2 good QBs instead of just 1 like he wanted will end up in baseball as Robert (Life in the Fast) Lane

7. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

I am really tired of Chris Berman, but it is hard not to occasionaly try your hand at his little thing.

Byron (Roast Beef) Leftwich
    Mike (What's the) Price (For a handjob)

8. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Oh yea, Dick Butkus is such an ordinary name, thats a great point.

9. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

well, I guess my lame attempt at humor didn't work to well. And after reading it sober I will agree.

But hey, sometimes when under the influence we think and say(or in this case type) things that no one, including yourself will ever understand.

I have come to another conclusion other than my name theory. "I am not funny"

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Emmitt Smith???