IT'S BASKETBALL SEASON YOU KNOW......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

After a football season that we all have to admit none of us are real proud it' strange how we can't move on to the next season.....basketball.

So I'm going to make the leap of hoping we can talk about the season from here on out......except for the recruiting and coaching change updates.....no more of what/why/how Maurice Clarett said something about Coach Fran being an asshole (excuse me jackass :D :D), how bad Shreveport is, where is Trev, and how much he hates Bama.

The tigers look to be a decent team this year. With the exception of the GA game last weekend, maybe it should be the exception of GA...they looked awesome, the Tigers have looked pretty good. yes, the competition has sucked ass for the most part....another topic we have and can beat to death........but this team has the physical ability to be pretty good. they don't look too in sync at times right now....neither did the '00 team early on....but maybe that can change.

At guard, torris has really improved. he plays hard every night...hell at the Houston game Wed he was the only one bustin ass the whole time. Hudson looks to be off shooting right now but i think that will come around. IMO, Gipson and Mitchell don't get enough PT...i think it'll come though. I might be the only one that thinks this but to me CT III looks to have regressed over the years.....looks slower and just isn't hittin the shots like he used to......regardless he is someone on this team to be looked up to.....he plays hard and will end his collegiate eligibility with a BS and MBA...not a common occurence in college athletics.

At forward, Dupree and Lloreda are the real deal. Just gotta keep them out of foul trouble and healthy. Besides Bridgewater don't really have any relief for these 2.

Depth, signed a full class and had several transfers but outside of 2 guard and 1 forward/center don't have anybody else we can consistently go to.......this concerns me.....but it's better than the past few years.

Here's to moving on to the next season.:) :)

Geaux Tigers

2. eric d

eric d Founding Member

It looks pretty good

If the Tigers can finish at .500 or better, and can get an upset or two along the way, they should be able to make the NCAA Tournament. The Tigers have 4 games against Miss St and Alabama, and both are in the top 10. A win in one of those games, and a strong showing in a second coupled with the Arizona victory would look really good come selection time. The Tigers also play ranked opponents in the gators and at Kentucky. Strong outings there would be really helpful as well. They have shown that they have the talent, but they have to shoot and rebound better than they did against Georgia.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

good points. Miss St, Ala, and Fla at home. i think we can take 2 of 3 of those...atmospheres like AZ and might be 3 of 3. if we could go 4-4 on the road would be great. of course, as you said they do need to shoot and rebound better.....shooting looks like a temp slump.......been on fire at times.....and just a bad day on the boards at GA (i hope).

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

CT111, health of team

I know CT111 had a pretty serious eye injury right before the season started. Didn't he have some other kind of recurring injury and is he healthy now? What about Lloreda? Could his injury linger or should he recover and be alright tonight?

I definitely like D. Mitchell but haven't seen much of Gibson. This is a big year with all the seniors they'll lose but I like their chances to get in the dance and anything can happen once you're in. Like Hub said, just keep Dupree and Lloreda healthy. There are just so many tough teams this year in the SEC, or does it just seem that way?

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

what channels will this game be televised? fox sports net, cbs, fox sports net?? the local sports page has no mention of it today

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The game isn't on TV so go to the PMAC and support the Tigers firsthand. Basketball is much better to watch in person than on TV anyways.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

WAY TO GO TIGERS beating ANOTHER ranked team!