IT'S GAME WEEK!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Aug 30, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

We have all been waiting for this upcoming weekend for nearly eight months now. This has been by far the most enjoyable off-season in memory for LSU sports. A stellar year by several of the LSU sports programs all capped off with the football National Championship!

Now, in five short (optimistic) days LSU will begin a new season and defend its national championship. What better way to start it off with than facing a team from the best conference in America, the Pac-10 (sarcasm)! LSU will cover the spread easily in this one!

Heads up to Oregon State: You are about to learn what defense really is! You are going to learn how team speed is devastating. You are going to experience the pure bliss (mwuhaha) of high humidity on a hot day. Best of all you are going to learn that 92,000 roaring fans DO make a difference! This game won't be close but Oregon State has earned respect and will earn even more.

LSU will win big and to make it all even better, Oregon State will topple USC in Corvallis later this year. What a great point of comparison this will be for the national media and supposedly subjective pollsters!

GEAUX TIGERS!

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Wow ... that's going out there ... maybe USC will get Shanghai'd somewhere along the way before that game in Beavertown ... we can only hope with those "cupcakes" they play ...

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

USC could lose to both Oregon and Oregon State....maybe Cal

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

They don't play Oregon unfortunantly.

5. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I'M READY!! Got my flags on my truck...got some decals to put on, some magnets will make their way on there by the end of the week and I have my costume all planned out.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

6. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

The flags are flying here in Auburn country too!!! I'm a little surpised though....there's not nearly the amount of Auburn and Bama flags around town. Today I have counted more LSU gear than both others put together.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

What a great Pac-10 system :dis:

8. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

I am about to get mine out too... I love the look that I get from people (bama and auburn fans), and I know the expression very well:

"When those Damn tigers start losing ill give him something to talk about"

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :geaux: :lsup: :lsug:

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Maybe I have been reading too many of your posts? :rofl:

Think about it though. Granted we have only gotten one glimpse of USC and they are bound to improve as the season progresses but.... Oregon State does have a great secondary and these young wide receivers of USC should get locked down. As for a a USC running game, seen one yet? I haven't.

Oregon St. over USC in Corvallis. They beat them last time there too I believe.