It's gonna be a long hot summer in Saudi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ramah, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

The Arabs don’t hate the Israelis because they are Jews. They hate the Israelis because they are kafir infidels (non-believers). In fact, 50 percent of Israel's Jews are of Arab descent.

Muslims divide the world into two parts: darb al-Islam, which is the land of Islam and the Islamic ummah, and darb al-harb, which is the land of war and the kafir infidels (that’s us).

The conflict stems from the fact that at one time in their Islamic history, Israel was part of darb al-Islam, and because, per the Koran, Allah forbids the conceding of holy Islamic land to kafir infidels, we have the conflict today. The Muslims will never give up their quest to destroy Israel and the Jews, because it is forbidden by their religion.

Hence, Muslims throughout the Middle East and the world are brainwashed cradle to grave to hate Israel, to hate the Jews, and to hate America for preventing them from committing a second genocide of Jews. They also hate the West, because they are brainwashed to believe that the reason they are so poor and backwards is because of Western oppression. Nothing is ever their own fault!

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Bingo on the first part ... they will fight forever against Israel until civilization is destroyed entirely ... or until every Muslim in the Middle East is dead ... I truly believe this. Nothing can be done to stop it ... nothing.

On the second matter regarding hatred of the West ... these are old beliefs ... the zealots have the mindset you are talking about from my observations here in Saudi.

The new breeze sweeping this place has been change. The modern Saudi is often Western educated and more sophisticated than you think ... they are business oriented and love Western things ... love to meet and BS with Americans, talk about everything new in electronics and world markets ... American oak (furniture) is treasured over here almost as much as gold. American vehicles are all over the place and Western movies are popular as is the Western music.

Yet these guys still in many ways hold onto the old ways ... There are still beheadings (common @ noon Fridays in the local town of Dammam) unless the murder victim's family concedes to sparing the life of the offender ... which is more often than not ... just a strange country with strange ways ... but they're changing and modernizing really fast now ... they have to and they know it. Saudi will never break their alliance with America ... it's bad business and they're too smart.

3. Turbotigerfan

They’re changing and modernizing really fast now because control over all information like before in the past can no longer be easily restricted, meaning the old ways of brainwashing people no longer works with the advent of satellite dishes and the Internet. They can’t -- no matter how hard they try to -- stop information from leaking in. The new breeze keeps steadily sweeping in no matter what they do.

Hence, the Saudi Royal Family has no other choice but to change, to begin opening up the country and allowing the people a voice in their governance, or the people will eventually rise up and simply do away with them.

I have it on rather good authority that the Saudi Royals are buying up the best real estate in places like the south of France and the Lebanon Rivera in case things take a bad turn for the worse.

Finally, I have a feeling that this transformation towards modernization that will inevitably occur, will create much friction and conflict between the fundamentalist factions that wish to hold on to the old ways and the more progressive elements in Saudi society.

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Ramah, it may not be as safe for you as you think. I read today that Al-Qaida has infiltrated the Saudi security forces and was even helped by them to kidnap the poor Johnson fellow. They said that they had given them police uniforms and even helped them set up a roadblock to get the poor guy. So please watch your self. Don't want to lose such a good source of smack!

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I do think this is possible but at the same time I wonder if this could be a plot
    to drive a wedge between Saudi Arabia and the US.
    Al Qaida sure knows how to munipulate the media and use them to thier advantage.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

They're buying everything they can ... diversifying their interests ... their interest in Mediterranean Property is based not on an escape but on their love of Spain and France (The Med) and their interest in saving money ... they recently rented an entire floor in a Spanish resort at $1mm usd per month ... for their quite huge royal family

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

From my understanding, the clerics were dictating and influencing popular opinion regarding current turbulent events in the Mideast...

The Royal Family was turning towards moderate and more normalized realtions with the West and an embracing of their culture...

The two sides clashed, and the Saudi Royals were caught in the unenviable position of trying to move their civilization forward, while not ruffling the feathers of the old school clerics...Which favored jihad and the militant attitude towards Western Values (many of which are in direct contravention to their perverted teachings)...

The recent spat of killings of Saudi's gave the Royals the impetus they needed to finally wrest the hearts and minds of the people there away from the clerics bleatings and towards the real enemy, which is anarchy and all that the terrorists bring with it...

I honestly feel like we're heading towards a quite peaceful future...

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, herein lies the problem. i understand that withdrawing our support from israel is what terrorists would like us to do. and that is the only reason why we shouldnt do it. the whole thing is totally ****ed.

we cannot do what we should do, because it will appear we are appeasing terrorists, and that terrorism is accomplishing its goals. it is about as terrible a situation as i can imagine. this is why we should never have supported israel in the first place. i dont give a damn about israel, for all i care palestinians can kill them all.

so basically i see our situation as without an agreeable solution, i have no real answer, except to kill all the terrorists and then stop supporting israel which is impossible.

why we ever take sides in a holy war is the question. soooo stupid. judeo-christianity screwed us again. christians and jews and muslims are so damn stupid.

(this is free speech alley, might as well say what i think. dont get mad)

9. Turbotigerfan

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest redneck in your trailer park. Please don’t take your palpable distastes for all things religion out on the poor Israelis. Zionism is a secular movement. Theodor Herzl, the founder of Zionism, was an atheist. Indeed, most Israelis are secular and non-religious. In fact, most Israelis are of Arab descent.

The Arabs hate the Israelis because they are kafir infidel non-Muslims. That they just happen to be Jews doesn’t make a difference in the larger scheme of things, except in the minds of delusional leftist idiots or hard right bigots. If the Israelis were Christians it wouldn’t make a difference, because they are still non-Muslims. Likewise, if the Israelis were avowed atheists, it wouldn’t make a difference, because they are still kafir infidel non-believers.

The Arabs believe Israel to be a part of darb al-Islam and Allah forbids the conceding of holy Islamic land to infidels. Hence, as long as non-Muslims are in control of Israel, it doesn’t matter if it is Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Nudists, whatever, the Arabs will try to drive them into the sea.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i will go as far as to say that even identifying yourself as jewish is basically stupid and pointless. there is nothing about anyone that entitles them to a homeland.

zionism is not secular, but i wont argue that with you.

what i will argue is that zionism is racism. no jew or anyone else is any more entitled to any land than anyone else. there is no such thing as a "homeland" that any tribe can claim as "theirs".

lets say i am jewish. what about me entitles me to a homeland in palestine?

now lets pretend i am an arab, am i less entitled to the homeland?

whats the difference? if i am jewish is it in my magic dna? can i convert to judaism and then i get the homeland? or is it only ethnic jews that get the homeland, in which case i suppose it is magic dna.

people are people. they like to identlfy themselves with silly ethnic and religious labels, but it is meaninglless crap.