It's gonna be a long hot summer in Saudi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ramah, Jun 18, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Our involvement in Iraq is just the beginning of a great peace in the middle east. It may take another century or 2 to get there, but it is started.

God Bless George Bush.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

quote by Martin,
    people are people. they like to identlfy themselves with silly ethnic and religious labels, but it is meaninglless crap.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is meaningless to you, you mean.
    There have been too many religious wars over the years for it to be meaningless crap.

I pretty much agree with your point of view except not supporting Isreal.
    I will support Isreal to the day I die because I am of the christian faith and believe
    what the bible says is truth.
    I also don't think that the Jews and Isrealis would've been persecuted time and time
    again if they weren't the true, gods people.

This is my story and I'm sticking to it til the day I die although I totally understand
    where you are coming from and it makes sense.

People are born by chance in different countries and that pretty much seals their fate
    based upon religious and other beliefs.
    Their are some christians in every country I'm willing to bet just like there are Muslims
    and other religions as well however.

3. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Don’t have a clue about the history of Israel do you, or more than likely only the revisionist versions written by one of the many Arab propagandists or the many Jew hating bigots out there.

Your problem is you are confusing a religion with a nation of people that unfortunately happens to share the same name with a religion. The Jewish people are a nation of people like the Arab people are a nation of people. They all speak the same language, eat the same food, have the same traditions, share the same customs, etc.

The Jewish nation of people consists of the Jews living in Israel and the Diaspora living in Europe, the USA, and elsewhere. The Arab nation of people is much larger, and consists of 22 Arab states plus the Diaspora living in Europe, the USA, and elsewhere.

Like Arabs, not all Jews practice the Jewish religion, however, even if a Jew denounces his religion or becomes a Christian or Muslim, he is still considered a Jew because he is a member of the Jewish nation. Likewise not all Arabs are Muslims, for instance, there are many Christian Arabs, but that does not make them stop being Arabs because they are still members of the Arab nation. Noam Chomsky, one of the biggest self-hating anti-Semitic bigots on the planet is a Jew. He is also an atheist, but neither one of those issues stop him from being identified as a Jew, no matter how much he wishes.

Go ahead, you will only lose while making a fool of yourself at the same time, but it won’t be the first time.

Israel was carved from the remnants of the old Ottoman Empire just like Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, etc. were, and it has just as much right to exist as a state as any of those other states. In fact, Israel is just one Jewish state, but there are 22 Arab states. However, 20 percent of Israel’s population consists of Arabs that share all the same rights and freedoms as the Jews. They can practice their religion, vote, run for and hold public office, and serve on the judiciary. However, if a Jew so much as sets foot in an Arab country, he runs the risk of being brutally murdered on the spot, and you say Zionism is racist? Zionism is no more racist than any other nationalist movement in the world, unless you are a bigot or an idiot and just don’t know better.

What entitles the Syrian Arabs to a homeland? What entitles the Lebanese Arabs to a homeland? What entitles Americans to a homeland? You form a government and you defend your country. What else?

The Arabs control more than 99 percent of the land in the region, the Israelis less than 1 percent. You must be joking!

Israel is not trying to take any land from the Arabs, however, the Arabs are trying to drive the Israelis into the sea so they can steal their land, not strictly because they are Jews but because they are kafir infidel non-believers, so get over your bigotry will you.

Moreover, you are extremely ignorant if you believe that Israel is the only place in the world today where Muslims are trying to expand and take the land from kafir infidels. It’s happening in Sudan, Chechnya, Indonesia, Nigeria, Chad, Somalia, the Balkans, Jammu and Kashmir, the Philippines, Thailand, China, etc. In fact, 23 out of the 24 conflicts currently going on in the world today involve Muslims fighting and killing kafir infidel non-believers. Sacrifice the Israelis today, and it will only be some place else tomorrow, probably Andalusia (Spain) next, as OBL advocates.

Of course, there is a massive anti-Semitic propaganda machine directing a gigantic media campaign against the state of Israel that effectively masks the expansion of Islam taking place in all those other locations around the world. For me to explain how and why this massive propaganda campaign developed and all came about is beyond the scope of this forum.

What’s the difference? If I am an Arab is it my magic DNA? Can I convert to Islam and then I get the homeland? Or is it only ethnic Arabs that get 22 homelands, in which case I suppose it is magic DNA.

Actually, the Jews were ostracized and branded pariahs and Jews because of the religion they practiced. They didn’t come by their name via very pleasant circumstances. The Jews were the most oppressed people in history. However, they survived despite the centuries of persecution, and today even though half their population was exterminated in the death camps of WWII, they thrive. In fact, no other nation of people comes close to producing the number of Nobel laureates as the Jews.

However, I’m American and proud of it. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. The only people that have problems with nationalism and patriotism are ignorant Euros and delusional self-hating leftists.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

you are missing the point entirely. nobody is entitled to anything. if people want to fight over the same crap for generations, it isnt my place to tell them who owns what. let them kill each other and find out.

you act like i favor arabs, i dont, i dont care about either. neither of them deserves anything from me. i hope they all kill each other.

i said: lets say i am jewish. what about me entitles me to a homeland in palestine?

you replied:

What entitles the Syrian Arabs to a homeland? What entitles the Lebanese Arabs to a homeland? What entitles Americans to a homeland? You form a government and you defend your country. What else?

but you didnt answer. if i convert to judaism, am i entitled to a place in israel now? what exactly about a person makes them "jewish" and as such entitled to a homeland? really, what?

so do the american jews deserve a place in the homeland, because of their magic dna or beliefs?

lets address what i actually say rather than telling me what would be stupid if i happened to believe it. i know militant muslims are terrible, i hope they all die horrible deaths.

basically every nationalistic movement is stupid and tribalist. i only care about america for one reason, freedom. i have no inherent love for america. i do not care for whites or christians or some other goofy cause. i care about freeom, and that is all. the only admirable struggle for land or a country is because of freedom, and knows no racial or genetic or religious boundary.

good. their religion is stupid. i would be happy to brand them idiots too.

america doesnt draw irrational lines between people, america is not jewish, america is not arab, america is not defined that way. i dont give a damn about anyone's racial/ethnic religious background, and i think they are morons for giving a damn about it. i doint let accident of birth define me, or who i want to kill or call an infidel, or where my "homeland" is.

if hong kong became more "american" than america, i would want to live there, and i would no longer care about america. my nationalism is based on rationality, not birth or religion or DNA.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You are joking right?........Peace in the middel east?

The only thing that will ever bring peace to the middle east in the complete annihilation of everyone that lives there.

The only peace plan that will ever work in the middle east is pictured below!!!!
    [​IMG]

6. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Ramah, you might already know this, but next time you're at a goat feast, pick at the meat closest to the spine. I hear it's the best.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Goat ain't half bad ... but these jaspers always want something in return for the Goat ... and unless it's a plate of Barbeque pork and barbeque beans from Interstate Barbeque in Memphis ... it ain't happenin'

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Unfortunately, you are probably correct ... but the US will try to keep a lid on things as long as possible ...

nuclear proliferation will undoubtedly continue and a WMD detonation will happen, most likely in the Middle East in Israel in the form of dirty bombs and Israeli retaliation will lead to Chaos ... I'm waiting until the Dirty Bombs go off in Israel ... my cue to leave Saudi ... before pulling the plug over here.

9. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

What point, that what you are trying to iterate is absurd – not to mention nonsensical?

So nobody is entitled to the inherent right of self-defense or the right to defend their countries or the inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

We are not talking the Hatfield’s and McCoy’s here, the Arab and Muslim worlds want to destroy Israel for the same exact reason they want to destroy the West. Whether you realize it or not, Israel’s war is our war. We are all in this together.

Like I said in my earlier post, if ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest redneck in your trailer park.

What exactly about a person makes them "Arabs" entitled to 22 Arab homelands? What makes Czechs entitled to a Czech homeland? What makes the French Frogs entitled to a French homeland? What makes Slovaks entitled to a homeland? What makes Swedes entitled to a homeland? Why do you only single out Jews for condemnation, but ignore everyone else?

You act like all countries in the world have open door immigration policies like America, but America is the exception rather than the rule. Try to emigrate from America to Europe! If you are an Arab you have a far better chance than an American of being accepted for immigration, and that’s because in the 70s the Euros signed the Euro-Arab Dialogue with the League of Arab Nations whereby Europe agreed to oppose Israel and America and allow Arab immigration in return for guarantees of cheap oil and open Arab markets.

America is one of just a very few countries in the world that has an open door policy on immigration. By far more countries in the world strictly control their borders and tightly control immigration. So don’t judge Israel based on America’s open door policy on immigration. Singling out only Israel for condemnation in that regard is racist! Every country has the right to guard their borders and control immigration as their people see fit.

So how long have you had this aversion with the particular Jewish race? Do American Swedes deserve a place in their homeland? How about American Czechs?

Gee I’m sorry, I was only responding to one of your many absurdities.

Even America’s nationlism! Nationalism and patriotism is the glue that holds countries together, and freedom is a hallmark of American democracy, most certainly worth fighting for and defending.

Being a self-hating anti-American is your problem. I, on the other hand, love my country and am proud to be an American.

Yet you single out Israel for having the audacity to defend its freedom from an Arab and Muslim world seeking to destroy and conquer it and you also single it out because it seeks to control immigration according to the will of the majority of its citizens.

Discrimination against religion is just as stupid as religious fanatics discriminating against all atheist, agnostics, and members of other religions. Both are examples of extremist intolerance and bigotry, putting you in the same class and category as militant Islamists and other religious fanatics.

America is part of the new world and as such evolved very differently than most other countries that have much longer histories. Because of America’s different evolution and history, America is literally a melting pot of people from all over of the world. However, to judge other countries on the basis of America’s unique diversity is absolutely absurd, because most countries evolved very differently than America did. In the world, America is the exception rather than the rule.

Additionally, the Israelis don’t give a damn about the Arab and Muslim worlds. However, the Arab and Muslim world’s give a damn about the Israelis because they are kafir infidel unbelievers. It is their religious intolerance that is behind their determination to destroy Israel and the West.

As for as based on rationality goes, so far you haven’t exhibited very much of it.