It's happened before....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Trolyce, Oct 3, 2010.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Miles was a loser before he got here in the bigs.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

And that remains the reason I FEAR Miles getting fired for 10-2, 9-3 seasons. Nebraska fired Solich and THEN they REALLY hit bottom!

They were GARBAGE because after firing a head coach with a 58-19 record, no one worth a darn wanted to be in that situation. It wasn't until they hit rock bottom and Pelini was available, that they FINALLY got a good coach.

Make no mistake about it. The Nebraska faithful had to eat humble pie for a long period before getting back on the map and don't think for one minute that it would have been acceptible to hire a COORDINATOR as the NEW Husker head coach had they not had to have been knocked off their perch of cockiness and tasted losing seasons.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

who turned us down?

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Can I be your clock-management coordinator?? I'm reasonably priced ya know! ;)

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Humility my ass, we're getting all that we need. The Nation is looking at us like idiots for having him and our opponents pray he stays. He's phucked up enough and for long enough that the world sees- hell they saw way before most of our fans were willing to even look.

Oh, and Nebraska is back to bitch slappin opponents and equally important, respected.

1 person likes this.
  6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Hell...I'll hire everybody here. Probably could get y'all for just on field privileges. Lord knows we have football genius and would go undefeated every season.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Urban Meyer.

8. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Well, like I said, I'm not arguing for Miles to be fired, but I would not be surprised if it happened. In ANY business if the upper management doesn't feel a subordinate is doing the job, they surely don't keep them around because they are SCARED they won't find anyone better. There's a lot more at stake here than wins and losses.

I think it's stupid to make that move without having a solid replacement already lined up. And for those who think Coaching is a fraternity and they all stick together....a 3 million or so contract will do wonders.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Irrelevant, just know we didn't get the one we wanted. Remember all these names floating around? Miles was at the bottom.

Nutt
    RC Slocum
    Del Rio
    Ferentz
    Davis
    Petrino

10. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

No, Callahan won the Big 12 North in one of the years he coached Nebraska. He coached for 4 years before Pellini was hired.

Callahan sucked but that is not the point.