It's happened before....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Trolyce, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Ferentz turns down every job he's offered.
    Slocum? 1st i ever hear of him being mentioned (not saying you're wrong, just never heard it before).
    Del Rio and Davis never even got an interview.
    Skip hated Petrino
    Nutt, i'm glad he didn't come here.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I think you are dead wrong. The coaches dont stick together they go for the allmighty dollar. Big money will buy big name coach, if LSU has it to spend.

Coaches as a rule have pretty big ego's some bigger than others, they always think they will succeed, its almost a mental requirement to stay in the profession. So NO the next coach wont see the record, he will see the $$ and his ability to change the program for the better with HIS skills. Whether said coach actually has the ability to do that is anyone's guess. BUT MILEs doesnt have the stuff it's evident.

Joe Pa is old school and there are a few like him around but most coaches are moved by $$ these days, welcome to free enterprise.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The premise is that after Saban left, LSU got passed over by several big name coaches and Miles was at the bottom of the list. If that's true, what were the reasons given for turning down the job? What you're describing makes sense if we had fired Saban after the '04 season, but that's not what happened. LSU should have been a dream job for lots of top coaches for all the reasons I listed. So if it's true that LSU had to settle for scraping the barrel, then I'm dying to know the reasons.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i had forgotten too but i think he was atop their list. i still cringe at the idea even if its not true.

5. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I never heard that we were passed over by several big name coaches. Bertman was shopping on a budget. The biggest name in the hat was maybe Del Rio, and even he was an unknown commodity.

6. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Maybe these names were floated around on this and other boards, but can you show where any of these people were offered and turned down the job? Miles was the only person I ever heard that was offered the job....or interviewed for that matter.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Then that answers my question. $$$$ always talks loudest.

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

That is not my premise. I have never claimed that LSU was turned down by several big name coaches after Saban left.

I claimed that Nebraska was turned down by several coaches, including Houston Nutt, and settled for Callahan who was fired by the Raiders.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I wasn't talking about the fans, per se. But here sassy pants, remember these discussions?

Are you trying to tell me Miles was our first choice?

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Point being, he turned us down.

Exactly, they turned us down. Just answering your question.

Still turned us down.