It's happened before....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Trolyce, Oct 3, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Not yours, it was just a related question.

2. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Looks as though others were interviewed but I don't see where we offered anyone but Miles....It's apples and oranges anyway, Saban wasn't fired with a winning record.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So what, that means it didn't happen?

We're not talking about Black Friday at Cortana Mall honey, we're talking about LSU hiring a football coach.

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

LMFBO

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

I knew I'd get this comment. They don't come out and say it but it's because they turned us down. If they don't even come to the interview table that's pretty much turning us down isn't it? And how could we offer if they were turning us down, which is what I said. Miles was our last choice.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Technically, whoever accepts the offer is the last choice.

7. LSUTiga

Okay, Miles was our first choice then.

8. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

That was funny....

What doesn't make sense to me here though is that if the AD and whoever decided to make a change, it scares a lot of people here because others have turned us down in the past.

You CANNOT run this organization from a point of weakness and if you feel there is a problem and you don't act because of that fear, then we are in trouble. If it is the AD's position that a change is needed, then he has no other choice but to make a change and state his position on why Miles was fired to potential candidates and sell the job. Saban and Miles have already shown the rest of the country what the potential is.....

You know, a winning or losing record is not the only criteria of competence. Sabans record at MSU wasn't anything to brag about and neither was Miles record at OSU.

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Yeah, especially if you are low-balling everyone.

I remember hearing that Petrino laughed his way out of the meeting with Skip because of the low salary offer. Mayeb that's why Del Rio wouldn't even meet with LSU officials. Not saying that it's true, but it seems about right.

I guess that's one of the problems with having a baseball guy as an AD at a football university.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

This is where Alleva is actually going to have to earn his money, because if we stay with 3-4 loss seasons with no championships, there is no way we're still paying Les $3.8M a year after 2012.

I know to a lot of people Skip is untouchable and everyone likes to rag on Alleva, but Skip did us no favors at all with this ridiculous buyout.