It's happened before....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Trolyce, Oct 3, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

One of my father's friends had a seafood market and was doing well so opened a second in a neighboring town. Not being able to "BE" at both he started having problems with the second one and was losing money. He went to my father's office for advice and asked him what he should do. The advice he got was, "I'd close it TODAY if you're losing money."

It's not always that cut & dry but what you said reminded me of that. It's like when a pitcher is struggling, many coaches wait one batter too long to yank 'em.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think it was more like petrino was laughed out the room. there was no way, allegedly, skip was hiring petrino.

thats why petrino withdrew.

but knowing skip, maybe it was all about money but allegedly petrino is extremely unprofessional.

les doesnt speak well but he has values and represents what is right and skip digs that. petrino supposedly the opposite.

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I hear you, that was probably good advice. I had to fire one of my best friends once...If I didn't pull the trigger when I did, the long range implications of keeping him around could have caused incredble damage.

4. LSUTiga

I agree completely. That's what I was saying below, you jus said it mo betta.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

if the timeline on your previous post is correct, he neither one even could have interviewed.

on 12/31/04 it says "NFL coaches cannot interview for other jobs until after the NFL season ends this Sunday".

without looking at a calendar, that sounds like 12/31 was not a sunday.

on your timeline, it says LSU officials spent the day in Jacksonville on 12/31.

so Del Rio couldn't meet with them even if it was his dream job.

any particular reason you didn't bold this part?

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I can understand that (the values issue).

7. LSUTiga

Cause I had plenty ammo to prove my point without it and you said you'd never even heard about his name so...now you know.

As for the timelines, the hell they can't. Petrino sure left in the middle of the season to take the job he has now didn't he.

But even taking him out, and Slocum too, I proved what I said- not that you'd ever admit it- we missed out on the ones we wanted most and settled for Miles.

Oh and I didn't bold the affirmative action interview candidate either.

EDIT: Tip for the grasshopper, don't take things at face value in a coaching search. Both parties strive to save face and/or play down reports in those dealings if they fall through.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i also said "not saying you're wrong"
    oh, but you had him listed as guys we wanted. doesn't sound like it from your post.

maybe Jack Del Rio actually follows the rules.

you proved we talked to people.
    I was already aware that we spoke to other candidates.
    not that we offered any of them the job.

why not? are you racist?

9. LSUTiga

Read more carefully. I didn't say THAT. What I said was, "Remember all these names floating around" AFTER saying we didn't get the one we wanted. Not the same, it was no mistake when I worded it that way.

See my edit in my post above this one.

Did grad say you could leave work early?

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Weak