It's just awful ! Look at the record of our Bad Coach!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

This forum is nothing more than a reflection of the LSU fan base.

In fact if you've seen other boards or listened to local LSU radio, you know that this forum is probably the most balanced with regards to a wide range of opinions.

Both sides have valid arguments and opinions.

I just get a kick when people complain about negativity here of all places. Most LSU fans are restless and have problems with one or more aspects of Miles' coaching.

If the criticism here is too much for you then you might want to close your eyes and plug your ears while walking around Baton Rouge or campus because you'll really be unhappy.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

for the most part, people here are objective....that's what's kept me contributing to this site and what keeps me coming back...except in the game thread. it's become way too polarized.

during the week it is fun to discuss various plays, calls, etc. and be pro/con, etc.

the game thread is really not the place to be if you want to be objective

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

As did the OP . . .

4. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

:geaux: I enjoy this forum as well. But have you been on here during / after a close win or loss? As in the last couple of games or the last two seasons? :LSU231:[/quote]

Yes, but quickly signed off and waited a few days for the sky to rise back up. I also stick to the most objective and positive threads. I truly believe that negative people and people that surround themselves with misery simply like to be miserable. They will have moments of euphoria and then find something else to be miserable about. And no, I don't think Les Miles does everything correctly, but I would rather have him than a jackass like Urban Meyer. (I live near and work in Gainesville) :helmet:

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

My theory is close to that. Here it goes...

Deep down, fans want to b able to be pricks in a socially sanctioned way. To that end, they idolize other pricks and find decent people distrustful.

It is better if their team wins a football game by multiple scores than it is to win by a mere few points: it does not matter if their team beat an opponents, but if their team dominated an opponent they get to be king prick for a day and constantly rub the opponent's nose in it.

The honorable act of taking a knee inside the 10 yard line is lost on these people when there is a score to be had even though the game may be in hand.

1 person likes this.
  6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

thanks Red

seems some people don't get my post

it's all good but at the end of the day Coach Miles
    has a very good resume and knows football

who really cares how he looks or how he talks to media

his players play for him and he brings in outstanding young
    men to LSU.

the fact that so much man love in BR for the short guy in Bama
    drives them crazy because Les doesn't care how little jesus did it

he is comfortable in his skin and has nothing to prove to anyone

he does it his way and wins just keep coming

I have changed my LSU mind-set and gone back to Cholly Mac days

win baby win

2-0 looking at 3-0:miles:

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The Vandy game, as flawed as it was, cooled me down a bit. We were able to put a team away, and Jarrett Lee threw a beautiful pass. That'll get me through to tomorrow. I really hope we get to see Lee tomorrow and that he has success, I think with solid QB play we could really have a team to be reckoned with.

I've mostly been hard on Miles, and I still don't feel convinced, but I appreciate the variety of opinions here. This is a great forum, really. Looking forward to tomorrow, and we'll see from there.

8. COLD SMOKE

COLD SMOKE Founding Member

What does it take to be a good head coach?

I have no doubt in my mind that when it comes to quality of character, and doing what he believes to be best for the team, Les inherits both of these qualities. Certainly this year anyway. I have a great belief that chemistry in football can actually overcome talent. Look at Boise St.
    Hardly the most talented team, yet they seem to overcome most any team, with a little time to prepare. So, perhaps we should not change QBs, if it disrupts the chemisty of this team.

But as I watched the Vanderbilt game, I believe it was in the third quarter, a ball was thrown poorly to Shepard, and the camera caught the dissapointment in his face. We have not had adequate play from the quarterback position. We, along with Jordan himself, knows this. I love him for making all the efforts he has attempted to improve, and for taking the criticism he has. Remeber, he is a much better athelete than probably everyone who writes these these simple thoughts.

There are three seperate units to a football team. These will all consist of their coaches also. Defensively, we are very good, perhaps with time very, very good. Possibly even better than this! I love our defense! On Special teams, very, very good in the first game, and adequate in the second. I believe our special teams will be very good this year. On offense, we are suspect. Have had spells of being good, yet so much more of being less than what we here in Louisiana, wish for our kids playing the game to be a part of. Understand, what we are upset with as a fan, is probably a small portion of what these kids playing feel. These guys want to do all expected of them well, not only for themselves, but for us also. This is the reason they came to LSU! Understand, LSU is a great recruiter! Kids want to play for people who appreciate their efforts. Perhaps I am narrow in my memory, yet I have never been overly excited about any single performance by JJ. There have been many, many times when he did not lose a game for us, yet we never say this about any other position. The QB has to make so many reads, and has to be more atheletic than most he opposes. It is the most difficult position to perform well at. Not only in the talents required to perform it well, yet also in the ability to tolerate the criticism by others.

I am a technician by profession, and one of my greatest rules of correcting a problem is "even though I do not understand it, it may be true". I suppose my purpose to all this ranting, is that if JJ goes through a couple of difficult possesions, with little productivity, Les should make a change at QB, even though he doesn't understand it. No one will blame Les for trying to help the other offensive players be succesfull.

3 people like this.
  9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Not to mention, he's the only LSU coach to EVER beat Auburn, Bama, and Florida all in the same season.. And he's done it twice ('05 and '07). Unfortunately for Miles, a lot of fans seem to be more interested in the whole "What have you done for me lately?" thing.

10. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Quality first post. Welcome to the forum.