It's just awful ! Look at the record of our Bad Coach!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Sep 17, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Pretty much but what question was that?

#17? If teen rankings are satisfactory then maybe we have different standards - expectations, certainly.

I'm not one who holds on to Saban but if you want to inject him into this argument, and since your post is so full of fail, I'll share my thoughts.

This is such a reach I almost didn't respond because it shows just how far out of the way some fans will go to hafta justify crap. If you think Saban leaving for the NFL had anything to do with LSU/fans. :nope:

What about the '01 SEC Championship or one point from another appearance in the '04 one- on a call never again called all season, at that.

Fail. There were NO "2 year periods". See above this.

I never intended for this to be a Saban/Miles debate, I thought Nick was a bit of a hard ass but I never worried about being out-coached going into a game.

It's not about "records" per se, the year you cited Tennessee as one of three SEC losses, for example, we beat them in a rematch and won an SEC Championship. I could handle losing three games if there was some parity throughout the league but funny you bring Saban into this because he happens to have Bama playing as solid football as I've seen. Looking at his "record" his 2-6 first year is misleading when you see he's only lost one SEC game in the last TWO years and to a team that won the National
    Championship that year.

2. LSUTiga

I went back and found your question, sorry I hadn't noticed. The answer to your question in my post above.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Nick vs Saban thing

Nick is a great coach and I would give Nick the edge based on what Nick did vs what CLM has done. Nick has not let the QB position get away from him at Bama and CLM is a joke so far with QB's.

Nick doesn't need a DC but 08 shows us that CLM doesn.

Miles has won after a great coach left a program and that is very hard to do. CLM recruits well and it is his team. His players always play hard and I enjoy his style.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 max:

Nick Saban - 9.75

Les Miles - 8.8

Do I think Nick is a better college coach than Les? - yes

That does not take away from how good Les is and Les is my coach. Les would be very hard to replace and if we fire him and he has the record he has who would want to come to BR?

I also like how Les can match up to a Nick coached Bama team. Bama has had a hard time beating a Les coached Tiger team on some what down years. Les beats Nick a couple of times will make BR feel a little better about him.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

Miles came very close to beating him last year- and the year before too- If we can iron out a couple of things on offense and utilize our weapons they could be in trouble this year. I look for us to shock everyone and win the Bama game.

One thing Miles brings is a great relationship with his players- I love that about him. Hopefully they get supa motivated for him in that game.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

It is?? Where?
    :popcorn:

6. LSUTiga

I hope you remember your fishin spots better than your questions. THIS was the question you were looking for an answer to, go back and read. And you only get one question/answer beyotch. :hihi:

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Dambit. I hate it when I'm old.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

unfortunately this forum feels alot like "divide and conquer". Alot of infighting. I have made a vow to myself that I will let the year play out and make judegment of Miles at the end of the year. Until then, I will continue to visit and gather facts and not post while I make my decisions as a fan. I look forward to hearing others
    comments, opinions and observations.

9. LSUTiga