Its not his its the family's

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Apr 23, 2004.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I have owned a fairly big SUV and now own a smaller SUV, so I do not care. But his answer is pure Kerry.

link

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My, don't we all want Slick Willie II to be in office? He would probably try to outlaw SUV's (I drive an Explorer--and love it), but his family would likely be allowed to keep theirs.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

i assume you two have not heard what your Republican Texas Governor and his staff want to do here in Texas? They want to tax truck and SUV owners a SIN TAX since those vehicles emit more pollution than cars. This is on the same plan to SIN TAX strip clubs to pay for our children's education.

so tell me....how do you feel about a Republican doing these things? If it was a democrat yall would be going apesh*t. Keep in mind this was George W. Bush's Leiutenant Governor, and succeeded him when he left for office.

I know I want my son to go to school thanks to the sex industry. :dis:

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

See, that's where the problem in our great nation comes in. Looking at everything from a democrat or republican point of view.

One, I do not like John Kerry. He's slimy.

Two, I'm completely exasperated by Rick Perry's stands on financing public education. Yes, Robin Hood was killing districts like Plano, where I teach. We were sending $100 million to the state this year--and cutting services in our own district each year since I moved to Texas in 1997. But not even HAVING a finance plan for the 2004-05 term? It's unacceptable, and Perry's suggestions for "fixing" our broken system are ludicrous--at best.

And Bush's "No Child Left Behind" is turning teaching into a standardized testing and paperwork nightmare.

Republican or democrat--politicians don't get it right.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

John Kerry isn't slick, he is stupid, your quote above proves it.
    He's constantly putting his foot in his mouth and has to rethink himself in mid-sentence
    such as:
    Him saying he doesn't own an SUV but and you are SO BAD to have one and yet his wife drives one.
    Its so funny that his wife is funding his campaign but yet she doesn't have to show her
    tax records.

Go ahead and vote for Kerry People...

He is soo wishy washy and changes every week, he is the biggest hypocrite in the world.....

John Kerry is way to dumb to be slick at least Bill Clinton was smart enough to know what to say and when and on top of things.

I'm no Clinton Fan but don't degrade him by taking him down to Kerry's level.
    Clinton is way more smarter than that!

Someone prove me wrong!

BTW, I can't believe that Kerry is the dems nominee and I can't believe people
    would actually vote for him because NO ONE knows where he stands because
    he stands one place one day and another the next.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I don't give a **** whether one is a democrat or a republican. No matter how you look at that comment, its ridiculous...Its just one of many of John Kerrys comments that you just want to say: "WHAT?"

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

damnit! that means they will raise the price of lap dances, and that is like taking money right out my pocket. this hits too close to home.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I am sick and tired of hearing about Kerry's flip flops. I will not vote for him or Bush, but the right is painting this picture of a steadfast Bush who has never changed his mind. The fact is ALL politicians flip flop given the Audience. Here is an excerpt from a list about Bush flip Flops publised in intervention Magazine.

• When Bush first took office, he said the economy was so good we should have huge tax cuts, but now he claims we were in a recession then and that is why we now have record deficits.

• Candidate Bush was very vocal in his criticism of nation building, but now President Bush is busy building nations in Afghanistan, Iraq, and it looks like Haiti is next. These nations are being built with our soldier’s lives and our tax dollars.

• Bush claimed his budget plan would reduce the National Debt. Instead, the federal debt has increased to almost $7 trillion.

• Candidate Bush promised to protect the Social Security trust fund, but President Bush has already squandered more than $350 billion from the fund. (Consortium News, 3/2/04)

• Bush said he would, “enforce fiscal discipline on Congress, because when spending is out of control, deficits increase and our economic growth is hindered...", but federal spending has increased 23.7 percent since he took office. (Bill Gallagher, Friends of Liberty, 12/11/03)

• Candidate Bush proposed regulating carbon dioxide, but two months after taking office, President Bush changed his mind.

• Bush opposed a Homeland Security Department when it was proposed by Democrats; but later embraced the idea and took credit for it.

• Bush said he would veto the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform legislation, but changed his mind and signed it.

• Bush opposed an investigation of the attacks of 9/11—then he supported it, but his administration has done everything it could to obstruct the investigation.

• Bush opposed an Iraq WMD investigation, but then he's for it because he has to pretend he’s interested in why he was so wrong about Iraq’s WMD.

• When asked about gay marriage, candidate Bush said, “the state can do what they want to do,”—but now President Bush wants a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

• During an unsuccessful run for Congress in 1978, Bush opposed the pro-life amendment and favored leaving the abortion question to a woman and her doctor. Then, like his father before him, he customized his beliefs to become more electable to conservatives. (The Nation, 6/15/00)

• Bush promised money for first responders, but failed to provide the funds.

• Bush promised billions of dollars to help fight AIDS in Africa, but failed to provide the funds.

• Bush presented his “No Child Left Behind Program” with great fanfare, but failed to provide the funds. (my aside... Teachers hate it and education is down as a major almost everywhere because of all the rigermarole(

• Bush continues to praise American troops, but signed legislation to cut benefits for them and their families.

• Bush said, "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden”, but changed it to, "I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.”

9. DallasLSU

So because he said the economy is good, and now it isn't as good, he is a flip-floper?????? I am so sorry George W. Bush doesn't have a crystal ball. I am so sorry he didn't have a genie to tell him that the economy was about to go sour...

Also, you aren't listing **** there. You are listing things that you think Bush failed on....What I said was, Kerry votes for one thing or says one thing and then comes out and claims that he is for another....You listed about two things that are actual flip-flop of issues. What you listed are things Bush promised, but was unable to deliver on....But of course, no President or politician haS EVERRRRR done that, have they?

Voting one way and then proclaiming another thing to win votes is flip flopping my friend....

Also, Bush opposed a 9/11 investigation????? ARE YOU NUTS? Or did you just think that you would pad your list there and no one would notice?

10. DallasLSU

Also, while flip-flopping is someting politicians regularly do....It's something John Kerry has done like it is his true job....

Check this out:

Abortion

Politicians flip-flop, but not like Kerry has...