Its not his its the family's

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Bush campaigned before 9-11 and said this and that then 9-11 changed everything like
    it would've changed everything for a Democrat, Republican or Other.........

NO one could have campaigned and kept promises under those circumstances.

I don't believe Bush said the economy was so good before getting elected.
    The tax cuts were to stimulate the economy to help get the economy, the economy
    was already slowing and headed downward spiral during the last years of Bill Clinton.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I will assume that you did not really understand my post if you think I posted this just because it was about SUVs.

Also, Perry was elected by Texas voters in 1998 to be the Lt Gov.

3. dallastigers

This would be flip-flop if he turns around and says the SUV is not his families but is his. This is more getting caught in a lie and then playing semantics.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The initial tax cuts were not to stimulate the economy. The purpose was because of the surpluses created by Clinton's fiscal policy the Federal governtment did not need as much revenue (so said Bush).

The second wave of tax cuts were to stimulate the economy. Here in lies the big problem with Bush. He cuts taxes no matter what. He has no fical policy just this idealogy that Americans pay to much in taxes which is bull.

To villify John Kerry because he sticks his foot in his mouth is just stupid and that was the point of the list I pulled from Intervention Magazine. Politicians change their minds when it is convieniant. President Bush is no exception. If you want to hang Kerry out to dry do it on an issue. For instance he wants to use our tax dollars to fund baby murder for the poor.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Here is a list of his many reversals on this issue. Sorry it is from CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/30/bush.reversals.ap/

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I am not going to sit here and debate the tax cuts. It is obvious that they were not as effective as they were with Reagan's. But give me a break if you are going to consider that flip-flopping. I am probably making more a deal out of Kerry's flip-flopping than I should, but it is serious. I am not voting for Kerry because I think he in no way presents a good opportunity for this nation.

Only one thing from that CNN thing is a flip-flop. The thing about the 9/11 ind. investigations isn't a flip flop and it says nothing about him not wanting to investigate 9/11. It just says he didn't want them to see if it could have been prevented. The CIA and FBI messed this one up but even they probably could not have stopped what was the inevitable. You still present no reason how Bush flip-flopped like John Kerry has. You just list things you are dissapointed with him about. Kerry has some serious questions to answer about why he advocates one thing five years ago and campaigns with another...

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i just wanted to say that i believe the opposite of every part of that. i think every politician should cut taxes no matter what. i think the idea that americans pay too much is not bull at all. i think putting money in the hands of people, and not the government is basically always good.

8. dallastigers

Kerry hangs himself out to dry by thinking no one is actually going to follow up on his words. "Flip-flopping" due to circumstances may be necessary when new information comes out or is learned that was not known before. Although I am not sure anyone would call that a flip-flop. Regardless of whether the source in your post is accurate or not on its facts to say stuff like Nation building in Afghanistan is a flip-flop after 9-11 is quite possible the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. To say it about Iraq after a war is just as crazy. To not turn Osama into a white whale and to remember that there are other parts of the terrorist's groups leadership and membership that are not hiding in a cave should not be an issue. Also flip-flopping is not when an action has a different outcome than you expected or when an outcome could not be controlled like you expected. To say that someone who found religion and decided abortion is wrong is a flip-flop to get votes does not say much for your source's belief of what christ can do for someone's heart. To say Bush has done every thing possible to obstruct the investigation is again showing your source has no objectivity when it come to Bush.

Besides on the SUV issue Kerry had a chance to take his foot out of his mouth but instead put the other foot in as well, but I do not really think that is was just about putting his foot in his mouth like I stated earlier.

Cutting taxes is never a problem in my book.

You reworded you tax flip flop from your first post. Bush gave the Summer 2001 rebates, because he felt tax rates had been to high and did believe that the surplus at the time needed to go back to the people and not be spent by the govt. It was also done partly as rebates (along with cuts) to help spark an economy that was slowing down. It could have easily just been done as cuts from a this point forward basis and account for it when you file your taxes or as starting just in 2002. To admit there was a surplus does not imply Bush thought the economy was great at the time.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Martin, pardon the pun, right?

:grin: