It's not just LSU fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l7jFGElm_E[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuCLF7hJ6s[/MEDIA]

2. GB-Tigers08

GB-Tigers08 Founding Member

Take your time...no need to rush back to TF!!!:thumb::geaux:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

With luck you will incinerate yourself and be rushed to the Tuscaloosa hospital.

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

"Ball Out of Bounds
    ARTICLE 3. a. A ball not in player possession, other than a kick that scores a field goal, is out of bounds when it touches the ground, a player, a game official or anything else that is on or outside a boundary line."

Julio is out of bounds when he touches the ball simultaneously with Peterson. Even before Peterson could tuck the ball, the ball was dead.

Good game carry on with your discussion.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The ball was in Peterson's possession. He caught it, didn't bobble it, and tucked it under his arm. Julio may have been out of bounds, but the ball was in Peterson's possession.

Just watched the replay again. Julio didn't even touch the ball.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

fixed it for you.:grin:

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

This is the first time I've watched the video's with this much detail. There is NO WAY he didnt INT that ball. The only thing debatable is if he had that left foot in bounds before possession. He has the ball but its not tucked when the left foot comes down. I can live with that but the right roof is clearly in when the ball is clearly tucked. That is proper possession. How can any replay official miss that? Further, are the replay officials looking at the same camera's we are?

8. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Man oh man are you reaching for this one??? Look, no one knows for sure if this play cost us the game, but the case in point is that it was an interception in the eyes and minds of everyone on the planet except for the SEC refs and Bama fans. Carry on with you dimentia....

9. HuskerPride

HuskerPride Founding Member

From an outside observer looking in (so to speak), LSU played a great game yesterday, and lost to a team that's currently ranked #3 for a reason. They're defense is very good, they have a Heisman Trophy candidate in RB Bobby Ingram, a top-10 NFL draft pick WR in Julio Jones, and a very efficient game managing QB in McElroy. That being said, LSU played with a lot of heart yesterday, and the difference in the game was a great play made by Julio Jones. In my opinion, the INT looked legit, but I wasn't on the field making the call, so my opinion means nothing.

Be proud, Tiger fans. You're team is young, and next year you'll be back in NC contention. I know this is little consolation for yesterday's loss, but it's sure better than losing to Iowa State at home, while committing 8 turnovers in the process.

3 people like this.
  10. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I have a few medical problems but Dementia (I can at least spell it right) isn't one of them. Nice personal attack on what was a well moderated board. See you next year no need for me to hang around and get beat up.