It's not just LSU fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Nov 8, 2009.

1. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

It says, "WTF...........you let FURMAN score 31 points. There are high schools that can beat FURMAN."

Cheezenip......it's not for winners.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

You just cant be honest, can you?
    Integrity is not high on Bamas list

3. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

If you must know...............I thought that it was an INT. Bad calls happen........just like the mugging in Baton Rouge during Shula's tenure. You remember that assault in the end zone and subsequent INT that LSU was beneficiary of. Then there were successive trips to BDS when Arkansas got away with playing 12 people on a couple of plays. Multiple tomes could be written on the bad calls in the SEC alone. We don't know the reasoning or camera angles that replay officials employ, the rule stated by the previous bama poster may have been the basis for his JUDGMENT call. As fans all that we can do is scratch our heads and move on.
    I was working and didn't get to see the game, I dvr'd it and watched about the first quartet last night..............looked to be a hard hitting slobber knocker of a game. Good luck and see you in BR next year.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Come on, BT. He didn't make a personal attack, he made a sarcastic remark. Geez, you've gotten thin-skinned for a veteran of the boards. This ain't a cathedral and we have a lot of smart-asses.

As far as your shot at the moderators, try to understand that yesterday we had the worst day for flamers, trolls, and pot-stirring posers that we've ever had here. Ever. Maybe not the best day for a respected rival poster with a lot of rep to step into it. Perhaps you got some of the disdain caused by others stuck to you. It's why I haven't made a glance at TideFans yet because I don't want to get swept out with the trash. That and I've been too busy around here dealing with some Bamafans far less amiable than you.

This isn't TideFans. We won't allow somebody to make threats to you, call you foul names, or make outrageous accusations. But we're not not going to try to protect anybody from cynical remarks. That would just be stifling discussion. Life is too short, amigo. We ain't getting caught up in trivialities. You have the rep system to express your displeasure with somebody and you have the ignore feature to make someone you dislike disappear.

Perhaps you had a bad day, too. Chill, and come back in a few days so we can tell you why we think Florida is better than Bama. :yelwink2:

5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I'm more than happy to say good game, and I hope either you or Florida go on to win it all. I learned in 2006, Auburn Game, that you can't do anything about bad calls and you just need to live with because there were probably instances where your team could have performed better that would have won the game for you. In this case we had two big gaining plays brought back because of procedure penalites. Charles Scott dropped a pass... the list can go on.

In most cases of the bad officiating, there is a rule that they can site and say they interpreted it this way. Maybe a good or bad interpretation but a rule that would apply to the physical evidence present. (Auburn 2006, ball was tipped before it got to Doucet.)

However, the rule you sighted doesn't really apply here since there is no physical evidence Julio ever touched the ball on this play. If you want to come back with some kind of rule as to why it should not have been ruled an interception fine, but please make sure the physical evidence at least supports a bad interpretation of the rule. This was a very lame attempt to justify a poorly officiated play.:dis:

It looked like an interception to me. I have heard the replay official didn't overturn the call because he didn't have a single replay that showed both a catch and a foot in bounds. I heard had it been called the other way on the field it would have stood because of the camera angles. I was too frustrated to watch the recording so I can't say for sure if that was true but is one of the explanations I heard.

Even if it is called an interception, I can't say we would have won, I can't say we would have even achieved a first down. I can say I would have liked the chance for them to try.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You Bama fans continue to bring up the no call on the pass interference in the endzone, a few years back, as a parrallel to this blown call. The major difference is, that was not a reviewable play and this on was. Our issue isn't that the play was called incomplete on the field, it's the fact that it was REVIEWED and upheld. The blindest of us could see it was an INT, yet highly paid refs(pun intended) chose to throw the game in Bama's favor. Overall a well played game by Bama but it's hard to beat both Bama and the refs on the same night.

1 person likes this.
  7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If Bama plays Florida will there be any penalties?

1 person likes this.
  8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

The real quesion is, can Bama boosters afford to pay the refs again? :shock: Did I just say that?

9. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

So first you jump in with a BOGUS excuse for the INT debacle. At which point you say you're gonna step out. Then you step back in anyway with something bogus...and say you're gonna step out again. Promise? :)

Don't jab into this board with foolishness, then expect to be ignored.

Enjoy your year. You won't have many more like this. Peace.