it's official----purple jerseys.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUgenius, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Now it is the home team's option to wear whatever they want. We choose to wear white at home (usually). Most other teams normally wear dark at home, leaving us to wear white again. Florida usually wears blue at home, but usually chooses white at home against LSU - hmmm.

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I seem to remember us having trouble with some visiting teams not letting us wear white when Dinardo was here. Wasn't that what the "White out Vandy" was all about. I believe the SEC states home team wears the colored jersey. This weekend check out all home sec teams. The visiter will be in white. Hugh, did they change this rule in the SEC in the last couple of years.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

You are both right. In the past there were guidelines. Dinardo petitioned the league to get us permission to wear white at home. The league said OK, but only if visitors agree. This led to the Vandy deal.

I think a couple of other schools followed suit and wanted to wear white at home too.

A couple of years ago the NCAA sait "Just forget it. It's simpler to let the home team have choice." So the guidelines have been scrapped.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Home team choice makes sense. I would like to see purple saturday. I thinkd it would be great. It certainly wouldn,t effect the play of the team.

5. msully

msully Founding Member

purple

We the fans should wear purple 15 000 purple shirts would be a sight to see wow I like purple the color fit for a King GEAUX TIGERS msully said that you hear

6. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

apparently there's some obscure SEC rule about home teams wearing the color of their choice

i think they just didn't know about it against Vandy or Dinardo used it as a ploy

when spurrier wanted to wear white, the rule was brought up and enforced.