It's that time again !!!

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by stevescookin, Jan 22, 2018.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

People fill potholes with them. It's part of the protests that neighbors comically decorate the potholes. People plant gardens in them. I saw a pothole permanently filled with water from an S&WB leak decorated with an above ground swimming pool ladder. Another one had an old life saving ring that fell off a tugboat hanging from a piece of rebar driven in it.

People put real pot plants in them too.

It's funny.

2. stevescookin

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Its a couple of years old, but here's a good article about what cops in nola deal with at Mardi Gras.
    http://www.mardigras.com/news/2014/03/during_mardi_gras_nopd_is_baby.html

I still remember my first experience as a college freshman on my own at Mardi Gras for the 1st time, and my first encounter with a cop (I was in violation of the open container law). I quickly figured out that the last thing the cops at Mardi Gras want to do is screw up someone's good time. Listen to the nice man in uniform and police yourself and you're good to go.

stevescookin likes this.
  4. stevescookin

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I was 18 I got in a crowd of people jammed up against a beer stand set up in an alley on Mardi Gras Day. When I finally got the vendor's attention some guy reach over the top and tried it steal a beer. A cop grabbed him immediately and slammed his head against the booth. While I was waiting for my change the vendor told the cop that the guy tried to steal the beer while his buddy distracted him and pointed to me. I spun around and melted into the crowd on the street and tried to get as far away as I could. I got away but got separated from my friends an never saw them for the rest of the day.

stevescookin likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

My buddies and I had a cardboard box full of ice and beer just walking the street. Only way we could have made it more clear that we were much too young would have been to have a sign saying as much. The first time we happened upon a few NOPD we all sort of froze. Couldn't have driven a buttered needle up our asses with a sledge hammer. They never even gave us a 2nd look. Was all good after that.

Good times

stevescookin, KyleK and Bengal B like this.
  7. stevescookin

8. stevescookin

9. stevescookin

10. stevescookin