It's time for a mobile phone upgrade

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, May 12, 2014.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I tried all of those and picked the galaxy s5 over them. Maybe you have had bad experiences but the reviews by all the major sites had the galaxy rated higher. The S5 was pretty easy to remove or turn off any samsung software I didn't want.

HTC was pretty much equally as good IMO. BTW those HTC commercials are annoying. :)

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It is said that the next iPhone will be offered in several sizes. I also prefer a smaller phone that is easy to carry and has a long battery life. I use the iPad for serious surfing.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

At some point you just can't keep these bulky things in your pocket. I get plenty of screen on my current iphone 4s. Lookinga t the link Bhelm showed me, it looks like Iphone 5s for me in June.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Indeed, at least those of us who dress casually. The big phones and small pads are favored by people who keep them in suit jacket pockets or in purses/backpacks.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm due for an upgrade soon. Now I have the GSll. I like it OK except the battery life sucks. Which phone is the best bang for the buck with great battery life? Anybody know?

6. bhelmLSU

Look at that link I posted earlier. Has a general breakdown of price, battery life, etc...

Who is your provider? I just got my phone through At&T and only had to come out of pocket for the taxes $58 and I wasn't due for an upgrade for over a year. They have a new plan which eliminates signing a contract every 2 years and having updrade dates. Ended up saving my family plan about $80 a month even after paying $25 a month for 26 months for the new phone. Each line gets a $25 rebate each month as long as no one on your plan signs a contract. I assume most providers are offering similar plans or will be soon. The main issue will be for those types who don't take care of their phones, so you could be paying for 2 phones and only have one if the 1st breaks and not covered by insurance within the 26th months.

7. bhelmLSU

Do you cats where skinny jeans or something?:D

shane0911 likes this.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I got other things taking up too much room in my pants.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sprint is my carrier. I just need one phone. They have a new plan something like that but if I went with that I could get a new phone anytime I wanted but when I examined the plan I realized I would have to pay full price for upgrades. I like the plan I'm on because I get unlimited data, text, mobile to mobile, nights and weekends and my total bill with tax is only $68. If I switch to ATT or Verizon I would have to pay more for less. I just want a good phone with good battery life.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

S5 is supposed to have good battery life. Best phone for the dollar is the Nexus 5 which is $349, unlocked and no contract renewal. If you want something smaller, the Moto X is (IMO) the perfect size for a cell phone. All three are great on battery life.