Its Time for Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Wasn't Mauck in the Cubs organization as a catcher? I'd say that makes him "athletic"

2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Time for my preseason predictions...

Wisconsin --- I see us winning an ugly one. W

Sam Houston St -- I don't think there's any doubt. W

ULM -- We'll put this one away early also. W

Miss St -- They haven't beaten us since 1999. This is one of the best teams they've had in years. But we're at home and "I like us." We win a good one. W

New Mexico St -- We shouldn't have much trouble here. W (5-0; 1-0)

at Auburn --- I think this one will be a classic, but the Tigers don't have enough offense. L (5-1 ; 1-1)

at Florida --- Back to back road games. Tigers pull out a squeaker. W (6-1 ; 2-1)

Kentucky -- I doubt we'll get a stiff test here. W (7-1 ; 3-1)

Ole Miss --- This one is tough to predict. Rebels always play us tough. The homer in me "likes us", but at this point, I cannot predict a W. L (7-2 ; 3-2)

Alabama --- Tigers will play their tails off in this one. Another night game. At home. We win a huge % of our games at home. But Tide hand us a 2 game losing streak. (7-3 ; 3-3).

at Arkansas --- A bruised, uniterested Tiger team plays as poorly in Fayetteville as the Hogs do. This one is ugly but LSU has too much pride. W (8-3; 4-3).

at Texas A&M --- Les has a couple extra days to get the team refocused. We've beat the Aggies 3 times in a row. We play well to finish this season and keep that streak alive. W (9-3 ; 5-3).

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Agree with your idea that Au, Fla, OM & Alabama will be the keys to the season. I don't see us losing both home games though; in fact I see us more likely to win both. We could go 0-2 on the road but I agree we have enough toughness to beat Fla.

Overall I still see us at 10-2 and possible SECW champs.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think too many people still view this team from the J Lee/JJ production.

I think Cam was a good hire and will prove his worth this season.

We will not struggle as much as people think IMO.

The D will be much improved.

I would assume much of the negative outlook on O comes from the bowl game. People attribute much of what was a bad game to "same ol play calling". it is unknown if Jennings has the ability or not, but I think with the MASSIVE turnaround Cam did on Mett, we will field a QB who will be a threat at ALL times.

5. Noth1ngfaced

Noth1ngfaced Veteran Member

LSU wins them all except Mississippi State, Alabama and Arkansas.

LSU goes back to the outback bowl, wins it, and gets another 10 win season.

Les Miles has never - and will never - lose less than 2 games in a season.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

funny shiit

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Now go back to your hole.

Dan Mullen
    Sport(s)Football
    Current position
    TitleHead coach
    TeamMississippi State
    ConferenceSEC
    Record36–28 (.563)

Les Miles
    [​IMG]
    Sport(s)Football
    Current position
    TitleHead coach
    TeamLSU
    ConferenceSEC
    Record95–24

TigerTap and titoabad1 like this.
  8. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

LSUprides' logic makes it look as simple as 123 --- It's August and as with most fans, I sure love coming up with reasons to believe that this will be a special year. Thanks LSUpride for your A OK view.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I would rethink your AU game prediction. Look at what we did to them last season, and we are only better, while they are questionably worse experience wise. They certainly have more confidence now than they did going into the game against us last season. In fact, I think the way they played against us in the second half really catapulted them the rest of the way. But, look at how The Chief's defenses fare against AU type offenses year after year. He's got their number, and AUs second half against us last season was against many of our 2nd teamers.

If we beat AU, and I personally think we will, the team's confidence will be excellent, and the subsequent game outcomes may change, too.

Personally, I see us beating both gump teams. Ole Miss seems to give us fits many years under CLM, so I could see us losing that one. Our O-line, strong running game, sig. improved defense, and STs are going to carry us this year. We'll surprise many, and finish 11-1 or 10-2 in regular season. I'm gonna go w/11-1, baby!

LSUDad, TigerTap and titoabad1 like this.