Its Time for Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Noth1ngfaced

Noth1ngfaced Veteran Member

In his defense, LSU is a powerhouse school that could do a lot better than Les Miles.

Even Terry Bowden went undefeated - Les Miles will lose 2-3 games every year. It's his trademark.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I didn't think he/she needed a reply.
    Could you give us 4-5 names?

3. Noth1ngfaced

Mark Dantonio
    Jon Gruden
    Lane Kiffin
    Art Briles

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Thanks, I needed that one. Should I go down the list for you?

didit likes this.
  5. Noth1ngfaced

Taking schools to BCS Bowls is the darndest thing, huh?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jon Gruden? While you are being delusional why not throw in the names of Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belicek and Pete Carroll too?

StaceyO, cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'll show you something... like I always say, many coaches have to be the right fit.

I'll start with the easy one.

*Gruden, the guy makes around $5M a year with a net worth of around $25M, haven't checked in a while. His name always comes up with every opening. He has a great job or jobs, ESPN pays well and benefits are too many to name.

* Mark Dantinio, might want to do a little homework with this one. When was the last time he beat Notre Dame, oh thats right, 2010, but had to go into OT. Oh the year before he lost to ND, a 6-6 ND. A 7-6 in 2012, when was the last time Les went 7-6 at LSU, how about never.

* Lame Kittens, LOL, Did you really put this. 35-21 at uscw and 7-6 at tenn. Just look at every place he's been, every place. If his name wasn't Kitten's, the guy would be out of a job. Ask coaches, I do.

* Art, I do like Art. good guy and coach, but like I said, a good fit. His records at Baylor, 4-8, 4-8, 7-6, 10-3, 8-5 and 11-2. I also like his DC Phil Bennett, been knowing him for years. I got to see and talk with Phil this past Spring for a little while. He is getting his type of players on the defensive side of the ball. They will continue to do well. Phil's son Sam is a GA, on the offensive side of the ball, at Rice University.

Can you give me a few more names? Didn't take long with these. Too easy.

Thanks again.

ETA: I'm watching the Redskins now, if we can't get Jon, maybe we could get his brother Jay from the Skins?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I didn't want to go there. I could throw out a few more, but I think he gets it.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Dennis Erickson RB Coach at Utah, Butch Davis was hired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an adviser in February 2012.
    A few others that come up at times, Bob Davie HC New Mexico, Terry Bowden HC Akron, Frank Solich HC Ohio, Larry Coker HC UTSA, Dennis Franchione HC Texas St. Many of these guys had major gigs that didn't work out. Many were hot names in the coaching profession.

I this profession, its very hard to be consistent, look at these names, look at the schools they were at, many at major schools, only to fail. Seen it too many times. Its easy to throw up names to see what sticks on the wall.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are a real dumbass. LSU went 13-1 in 2011.

didit, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.