Its Time for Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 14, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Agree...

Robinson has improved, he said, in the mental part of the game. Things don’t seem as fast anymore. He spends time watching his gaffes last season, learning from them to prepare for 2014.

Take for instance, LSU’s loss to Ole Miss. With 1:40 left in a tie game, the Rebels converted a third-and-9 on a throw to Robinson’s side of the field.

He was inches from the receiver as the pass arrived. Ole Miss kicked a game-winning field goal minutes later.

That’s the play that really eats at him.

“I’m like, ‘Are you serious? How could I really make that play,’” Robinson said. “I could have made an interception.”

Robinson’s not alone in the studying of film and the learning of X’s and O’s. He’s got his good buddy along side of him.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

All I know is that I've seen Lsu & OM play about two dozen times and every time it was a very good, competitive game. And many of those games were when LSU totally outclassed the rebs in talent.

So I always expect it to be a competitive game.

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

You are right Stacey, we score clean in that first quarter and we would have walked away early. We kicked ourself in the ass early trying to be cute and let them believe. We gave them momentum early.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. msully

msully Founding Member

Sat, Aug 30 vsWisconsin L
    Sat, Sept 6 vsSam Houston W
    Sat, Sept 13 vsUL W
    Sat, Sept 20 vsMississippi St L
    Sat, Sept 27 vsNew Mexico St W
    Sat, Oct 4 @Auburn L
    Sat, Oct 11 @Florida L
    Sat, Oct 18 vsKentucky W
    Sat, Oct 25 vsOle Miss L
    Sat, Nov 8 vsAlabama L
    Sat, Nov 15 @Arkansas W
    Thu, Nov 27 @Texas A&M L
    We will hear each week that our QB's are learning .
    Bama, Auburn, Texas A&M , will have a hard on .
    Florida Ole Miss , Arkansas, depends on how well the QB's learn . Wisconsin , Mississippi State , they will be learning .
    LSUDad , your case lies with the QB's .The Chief , Cam, and BD Peveto, are only as good as their players perform.
    Wisconsin: Game speed : If we jump out to a 2 or 3 TD lead early we win . Each drive that we do not score on in that game will make the game harder to win. We cannot go 2 or 3 early drives and not score and win .This game has to be a blowout .If this happens my L's could change to W's
    I hope you are right and I am wrong , Nov 8 will get here fast .
    GEAUX TIGERS !!!!

Who is gonna beat us?

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'll have what you're drinking tonight.

Whiskey, game speed? Where have I heard that one before? Oh, thats right, Oregon, 2011, final 40-27 Tigers. Tell me the last time Les lost an opening season game, since hes been at LSU?

I wouldn't worry about the QB's, Cam is doing just fine with them. Remember, they have 7-8 teams in the SEC that have to replace QB's, maybe you should do a little more homework and get back to me.

Oh, I did see the Spring game that Whiskey played, the final was 6-0.

Second loss, Moo St, the last time Moo won at Tiger stadium? Lets just say, 11 straight trips home with a loss. How many points did LSU put on Mooville last year? 59.

didit, StaceyO and TigerTap like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm about as skeptical as you will find but maybe I am mistaken. @msully seems to be even tougher. LSU should run the table to the OL miss game. The rebs are set up to be sneaky good and LSU is their bowl game year in year out, they will be more than ready. For some reason I think we get the gumps this year even with 2.0 at QB

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I just see and hear what people I know say, Cam is the best in the business. I still like this 4th and 29 yds to go...

8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

As alluded to, we have a lot of unknowns at the skill positions, but so do most of the other SECW front-runners this year. The general perception from other fanbases seems to be that we're in for another few years of JJ because of the skin color of our 2 top QBs and the lackluster bowl performance. But I find that frankly laughable. Whomever starts will certainly have a learning curve, but I don't see it being any steeper than that of whomever bama starts or Kyle Allen, especially considering that our guy will have Cam by his side. Regardless of who the coaches give the nod to, we, as a fanbase, need to be patient and understanding that mistakes will be made. Despite what you think, message board chatter does find its way to the team, and we need to be 100% behind whomever takes the wheel.

That being said, the Wisc game is a good one to start the year because I think it will challenge the one unit that was lacking for us last year: the D-line. Wisc always brings a strong running game and puts giants out along their offensive front, so we should know pretty quickly if there's been any improvement for us on the other site. There are a lot of guys that will be competing for playing time on the DL, and my hope is that this ignites the fire under them that just seemed to be non-existent in 2013. To me, if we can get back to what we're accustomed to along the defensive front, then I expect us to win 10 games again. We can probably get by with average QB play if the DL does its job. We know we'll have a strong, strong running game, so we can control the clock if we can keep the opposition from running the ball at will. I don't think you can hide your QB in the SEC like you used to be able to 4-5 years ago. The offenses are too potent now around the league. But I don't think you have to have a world-beater in order to be successful, either (*coughGayJcough*).

I can't make a prediction on our record because I think every game on our schedule is winnable, but I also know that's just not a practical outlook at this point. The one thing that I feel certain of, however, is that our young guys will make an immediate impact. I don't know what it is about this incoming freshman class, but they seem to be an awfully motivated, mature group of guys who don't expect anything to be handed to them.

cajdav1, didit, StaceyO and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Every game on the schedule is winnable. LSU will only be the dog in two games: Auburn and Alabama. I started this thread with a prediction of every game of the season but now kickoff time is getting nearer and its time to take it one game at a time.

I see the game against the Cheeseheads playing out a lot like the Outback Bowl. Wiskey is a good team but LSU will be the better team. A vanilla offense with no risky passes for whoever starts at QB. We don't have Jeremy Hill but the Committee should prove dominant over 4 quarters and if LF is really all they have been saying we won't miss Hill at all. I see a pretty close game until the Tigers ground game with fresh RBs behind one of the best O Lines in the country putting the game away by early 4th quarter. LSU 31-Wisconsin 17

LSUDad likes this.