It's time to enter the trenches !

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Lon, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Lon

Lon Freshman

This is a make or break year for offensive tackles , Quarterback and corner backs for Tiger recruiting. Texas has offensive line verbals from the cream of the crop in Texas, Ole piss has taken our best in La. Only a few remain in Georgia and Florida, Miles needs a few miracle perhaps he is due 4 or 5. I would really hate to see our Tigers overpowered in the trenches in the next few years.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Who has Ole Miss taken?

Texas may have gotten the best already, but there are some great ones left.

3. clair

clair Rockets

IS OLine even our biggest need?

I don't follow recruiting much this early, but didn't we sign 4-5 mules this class?

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Thomas and Allen look like they're gonna be studs at guard, especially run blocking. Singleton is a beast, he's got the most strength of the bunch, but he'll be at guard too. Loadholt is a JUCO tackle, but no one is exactly sure of how good he really is. Snyder is a project. So unless Thomas makes the switch to tackle, we are looking pretty thin there. Plus we only signed one guy (Ciron Black) at OL the year before.

We need to sign another 4-5, most at takcle this year IMO.

And Ole Miss did not steal Louisiana's top OL. They stole Louisiana's top big guy who hasn't played football in almost two years. We are doing the smart thing waiting on Alex Williams to see if he is actually worth the hype. D'Montreal Wilson is a good start for us though, he's huge, athletic, and has been blocking for Richard Murphy.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. Especially your assesment on Thomas and Allen--I like both of those players as well. As for Singleton, everything I've read about him seems to say the same things: solid player with exceptional work ethic. --which is always a plus in my book.

I would like to see us sign at LEAST one player at each position along the o-line...and since we're without a "true center" at the moment, I think T-Bob Hebert would be a real important signing for us should Miles be able to real him in. I would also like to see us sign 2 more tackles (considering we really have a good group of young guards: Black, Allen, Helms, etc. and perhaps either Loadholt or big Herm could be moved there as well).

6. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i dont see it as being important at this point. with a whole summer of camps and fall of games, recruits can change their minds very easily and often do.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Somebody brought up WR needs for this class in another thread... Although I hadn't thought about it, WR could be one of the big needs for this class.

Next year, we will have Doucet & Xavier as seniors, Lafell as a sophmore... + we got 3 WRs in last class. Who else? I've gotta be missing someone.

8. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

http://lsu.rivals.com/croster.asp?Team=LSU&Sort=3 has the full roster but i think for the active roster last year, lafell is the only one who will be around then. obviously this years receivers(ricky dixon and the mitchells). trindon holliday in the slot maybe or bring chevis jackson back to WR. other than that we dont have anything. that is why i think we really need WRs this signing season. it seems that lafell will pan out(well see for sure this year) and hopefully two of the three from this year will. hopefully we land a few of the top prospects this year(arreliuos benn, terrance tolliver,antwonn dixon, and hopefully some other highly recrtuited guys)

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Josh Dworaczyk, a 3 star OT from New Iberia got a scholarship offer from LSU at the camp. He will probably commit later this summer.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:eek: OMG!!!