Its Toefield's decision...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Nov 14, 2002.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

just read an article from The Advocate, that quotes Saban saying that its Toefield's decision to play Saturday. That would be a huge comeback for Toe and a great addition to the Tigers offense for Sat. For anyone who hasn't seen the article here it is.

http://www.theadvocate.com/stories/111402/spo_toefield001.shtml

GEAUX TIGERS
    GEAUX TOE

2. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

I sure hope he comes back. People foget he is an all SEC running back and probably a 1st or 2nd rd. draft pick. We need him badly. I would like to know how many other teams could lose their starting quaterback and tailback and still be 7-2 and leading thier conference? Not many. Davis is great but Toe is NFL caliber.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

My opinion is that it would take a lot to keep Toe out of this game. He has sat out to often because of injuries, and I just don't see a competitor like him deciding not to play.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, if it really is totally up to Toe, Im sure he will get a couple carries. I kind of wish he would give it an extra week, though. Oh well, if he is ready, give him the rock!

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If a decision like that is up to a player, 99% of them would say "put me in." I figure coaches would want to proctect him and not take any risks.

6. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Well, we have a punter kicking with a ruptured ACL..

The same sort of questions have arisen.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Well, we have a punter kicking with a ruptured ACL..

Man that is unbelievable. I cringe every time I watch him walk off after a punt. He must be a hell of a competitor. But, no way would he play if I was his coach. This guy needs that knee for the rest of his life and he's killing it.

8. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

SF, my first reaction to his kicking was the same...

However, he's received the best outside medical advice that can be obtained with Dr. Andrews and HealthSouth. They don't think he can damage it further. I've had an ACL evulsion and hamstring graft repair myself, and I have a hard time imagining it (punting). His MCL, LCL and Posterior Cruciate are all intact in good shape. If he took a blow directly at the top of the tibia, possibly more damage could be done. However, such a blow would also tear an intact ACL...

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, he should be ok, just in pain. When I played soccer back in high school, we had a guy playing with a torn ACL because it was his senior year and didnt want surgery to end his high school career. He ended up having surgery at the end of the season, and he is fine now. I think that is more unbelievable than Bearden punting, although still admirable.

10. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Yeah, I've heard of similar cases..

I had a friend who skied with two ACL braces on, and that's pretty scary, also. I waited six months for various reasons, partially to get my leg built up, and I built it up so much that the thigh portion of the brace fitted right after the injury didn't fit. I hiked and climbed, but I was never comfortable. There's no doubt that having good muscular support around the knee helps, and some peoples' knees are simply more stable, even without an ACL.