I've got Georgia on my mind

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It was tough to avoid thinking about Georgia all week and not overlook the Leathernecks. I sure hope that the Tigers have gotten the fumbleitus and lack of concentration mistakes like the snap over Donnie Jones' head out of their system. That Dog won't hunt against the Dawgs. No report yet about how serious the injuries are to Clayton and Hunt. We need them both next Saturday, especially Clayton.

Southlink02 keeps poor mouthing his Dawgs but I watched them today and I watched them against Clemson two weeks ago and they are the real thing. If both teams bring their A game next Saturday LSU can beat them in Tiger Stadium but if they fumble away sure scoring opportunities like tonight the Tigers are in for a rude awakening. If I was Nick Saban I would hand a football to Joseph Addai at Monday's practice and make him carry it everywhere he went for the rest of the week. I think Addai got the message when he sat out most of the second half and Shyrone Carey had an outstanding game while Addai watched from the bench.

Tigers are 3-0 against the creampuffs but there are still 11 games left to play - 9 regular season games with the brutal gauntlet of the SEC schedule and Louisiana Tech who upset Sabans old team, Michigan State today and then the SEC Championship game and a bowl. Hopefully the Sugar Bowl for the NC. Next week begins the quest for the Final Frontier. Can the Tigers boldly go where no Tiger team has gone before since 1958?

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Well, give me a break. Even you know how much of a poor off-season UGA had. Even though I was confident, UGA did lose TONS of players to injury and suspension early on so MANY UGA fans were kind of on the down-low with out confidence.

I for one know how Death Valley can be and am quite nervous about the game. I think the game boils down to turnovers. If Greene and company turn it over, LSU wins. If Mauck and company turn it over, UGA wins. Both teams are quick and solid all around.

WOW. WHAT A GAME!!!!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All of the suspended UGA players are now off suspension. I don't know the Dawgs injury situation coming off the the win over the Gamecocks. Georgia's offense has looked great so far even with the alternating QBs but I think the LSU D is up to the task and the Dawgs won't move the ball nearly as easy as they have in the games I have seen. My biggest concern is the way the LSU pass blocking has broken down at times against the 3 creampuffs so far. Sure, Mauck looked great tonight but even against Div 1AA WIU there were too many times when he was under heavy pressure. The Dawgs D will cut him no slack so the highly touted Tiger O Line has to get it together on every down. Saturdays game will probably be the biggest game of the week nationally and certainly in the SEC. LSU has not been tested by a real opponent yet and the Dawgs have two wins over BCS conference foes under their belt. Regardless of who wins I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch in the Georgia Dome for the SEC title. I had picked Tennessee to win the East but I'm not to impressed with the Volunteers so far so it could come down to Georgia-Florida.