I've just received word it's official - Saban gone.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HubCityTiger, Dec 20, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

The name of this thread is:

I've just received word it's official - Saban gone.

WTF? WTF?

Unless Nick Saban is a member, WTF?

2. HubCityTiger

HubCityTiger Founding Member

There has been two posts by good sources (1 is very good friends with Nick) on Tigerbait within the last hour that he's gone. Very reliable sources. I got an email from a good source 10 minutes ago saying that Palm Beach Radio said it was "official". That's all I got.

3. HubCityTiger

Nice guy you are BB. I guess you don't like people relaying info from Saban's friend who before last night was confident he was staying. Then another saying guys I just heard from someone in AD office that Saban will take the job and there will be conference on Wednesday. Then my friend said Palm Beach radio said they just learned it was official.

Sorry for annoying you with the first really solid sounding information from 600 emails I have received in 7 days.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A million Louisianians are holding their breath for 4 days waiting for a sign and a Palm Beach radio station gets the scoop? Not buying it.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Miami Dolphins Itinerary

Monday: Interview token - check

Tuesday: Give Saban contract to 'look over' - check

Wednesday: After looking over it for 1 day, Saban accepts contract - check

Thursday: Put out press release stating how impressed we were with Shell - check

Friday: Deny rumors Shell was token interview - check

Saturday - Saturday for the next month: Repeat Friday's news - check

Last Sunday in January: Relax, media reports a celebrity has killed/raped/mamed someone and Miami is off the minority hotseat/front page and has their man - check

6. BB

BB Founding Member

I don't appreciate people saying "I've just received word it's official - Saban gone."

Who did YOU receive word from and what makes it OFFICIAL. IF YOU WANT TO USE LANGUAGE LIKE THAT IN A TIME LIKE THIS YOU SHOULD BE ROCK SOLID AND OFFER FULL DISCLOSURE.

7. HubCityTiger

The Palm Beach Radio said it was "official". I didn't make that word up. So, I received word that a radio station put its reputation at risk and used the word "official".

I didn't say LSU said official. I didn't say Miami said it was official. I said I received word that it was "official". I guess I should have written, Palm Beach Radio says official. I will go back and change just to make you happy.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I looked on Tigerbait, and there is someone on there that is stating that its a done deal (from a VERY reliable source).

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Very well said. Thanks for the information.

10. HubCityTiger

Okay BB, I have edited the lead thread. If you don't like that I relayed this information, I really apologize. I guess I should have not logged on and relayed any of the emails I received or relayed what other sources are posting in the last hour on Tigerbait (all of which are incredibly reliable.)