I've liked Brady for a long time, but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Jan 23, 2003.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I am about damn tired of quotes from him saying the kind of shit he spews in this article.

http://www.theadvocate.com/stories/012303/spo_hogs001.shtml

go ahead, john, bullshit me. Tell me what you're gonna do. What the team is gonna do. I'd much rather hear some bullshit like that that the old shrug of the shoulders, and "every team seems to come with their A game against us."

Anything that could've gone wrong, it went wrong," Brady said. "I've never seen anything like it"

WWWWHHHAAAAATTTTTTT???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure have. Anyone else who follows Tiger basketball has seen anything like it. I saw it against Georgia and Ole Miss.

It is your job, John Brady, to make sure LSU brings its A game. Please do not be surprised that other schools ball when they play us.

Anyone else hear his pre-game? "Arkansas has been shooting poorly, hopefully they won't get hot tonight." (to paraphrase)

I almost vomited. Why not say, "We intend on playing kind of semi tonight because Arkansas has not shown they're very good. Oh and by the way, we're gonna lose."

Why does it take such God-awful performances to wake up the Tigers? Will we always be like this or, one day, will the Tigers find it within themselves to coach and play like champions?

We better get ready for war the next 2 - at Stankville and against the Gaytors. I would not be surprised if we catch their A-game.

2. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

IMHO; the gaytors or dawgs do not need an "A" game to beat a Brady coached team. If LSU officials are not careful, Brady will take our BB program to the level of the Arkie FB program. "Thugs" He's to concerned with being a players pal. It's like a parent that is loved by their children but not respected.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Apparently you haven't watched ANY LSU basketball games in the past 5 years. To say that the team is made up of thugs is moronic. It has been well documented regarding the academic success of the team. And the only thug on the team, Shawnson Johnson, left the team because he knew he couldn't live up to Brady's expectations. And he is anything but a players pal. If a player makes a mistake, he'll tell them about it in not too kind words.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We ARE going to lose the next 2 games. You know why? Because the teams we play are better than LSU. That's a fact. Maybe in a year or 2 we'll get, and keep, the players it takes to be a consistent to 15 team, but right now we just don't have it. And don't tell me it's the Coaching. The big wins we've had this year are a result of good coaching. No one has blown the Tigers out. Every loss could have been a win. People have got to get over this "we have to be better than everyone every time out" syndrome. Follow and support your damn team and quit bitching every time they don't live up to YOUR inflated expectations.
    Damn I'm in a bad mood today!

5. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

we've not been blown out this year??

You must have forgotten about the Georgia game.

but anyway...

I have not blasted Brady ever before. I don't think our players are thugs, i think they're great young men. I think some of them have talent. I think that talent showed in some big wins this year.

It's the inconsistency I cannot abide. With three seniors in the starting line-up, why do we continue to struggle defending? Why do we struggle with our intensity level?

I don't have the answers, that's Brady's job. Find the answers. LSU can still be a good team. LSU can sweep or split the next 2 games, if the team plays with the intensity we saw against Miss State and Arizona.

Sabanfan, if we take what you say at face value, you think our team was lucky to get the 2 big wins we got. I think it was more than luck. I guess that's where we differ. I think LSU has the tools to be very good (not great) THIS year. I just hope we don't dig too deep a hole before the team finds that out.

BTW - I do attend several home games a year. I'll keep going, even if they keep losing.

6. SabanFan

Mikeb Tiger:

Actually, I did forget about the Georgia game. It's like a bad shot in golf. Put it behind you and forget about it. You make good points but, I disagree that we should expect a "very good" team to be put on the floor. As MikeD pointed out we are one year removed from probation and you don't get it all back at once. I think we have a decent team but my expectations were not to compete for a Sweet Sixteen berth. LSU plays in an extremely tough conference and a .500 (SEC) season would be more than acceptable IMO. My problem is with people (not you necessarily) that constantly complain and seek to place blame after every loss. Frankly, I have been impressed with Brady from the start for being competitive every year he's been here. His detractors should take note of Gene Keady, Bob Knight and others like them. Their style may be unpleasant to watch but they've had consistent success.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Tigers have to learn from this loss

The loss to the Hogs should be a good lesson for our team. They got beat by a team that dramatically improved its game from the previous game to the LSU game. We can do it, too.

The loss should also be a lesson to Brady. Stan Heath coached rings around Brady in the game. Let's hope our coach learns from this.

On to next week.

8. SabanFan

Re: Tigers have to learn from this loss

Yeah. Heath told his guys to put the ball in the hoop. Brady, later, admitted he forgot to tell his players to do the same.. He also realized it was a mistake to tell his players to turn the ball over at every opportunity and to miss most of their free throws. Finally, he admitted that he called a timeout in the 1st period to remind them not to hustle.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

This is all horse shit!!!!!

It simple:

1) Past experience is the best predictor (the last 2 games)....we will lose our next 3 games not 2. Unless something drastically changes.

2) Forget about Brady's coaching in the Ole Miss and Ark games. If you throw up nothing but bricks you can't win. hell if we shoot 25% from 3 land as opposed to 18% we win the games. Brady can coach all he wants if the guys don't make the shots it doesn't matter.

3) Probation is no longer an excuse. He brought in several players this year....I think he signed 4. 1!!!! yes 1!!!!! new guy plays.....thats it. Otherwise it's the same 6 playing from last year. Are the others not good enough?....that's Brady's fault....recruit better. I don't care that we lost players to being thugs (johnson), quit the team for whatever reason (trask) ......that is all Brady's fault know what you're getting yourself into before you do it. i don't blame him for Gipson if the kid can't get his grades thats his own damn fault.

4) Brady does run his mouth too much. ever since he popped off about Bright being the best PG in the SEC Bright has done nothing but suck....maybe its coincidental but shut up. Enough of the excuses too. If you lost say you lost don't make why this team played like the almighty.......yes Brady, your team does have someting to with whether they win or lose.

I'm a Brady supporter and will continue to be but his whining and excuses are getting old. i think he's a good coach and knows what to do. It seems as though he gets too damn caught up in the peripheral stuff instead of just worrying about his team.

Last, hope this season gets better. But, regardless, if he comes out with another one of those patsy loaded bs schedules next year......I'm gonna start to write him off.

I have been and will be