J Lee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

It's great the offense is better. But, as has been stated previously in this thread, I would like to see an entire game with JL at QB. Lee has definately brought some confidence to the team. It should be rewarded. Plus, I don't have to see the JJ pouty face!!!

2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

The rationale for playing Jefferson used to be that, while he had trouble moving the ball, he didn't commit dumb turnovers and therefore gave the team a chance to win. Well, now that he can't move the ball *AND* he's throwing back-breaking INTs, there is literally no reason to play him besides his above-average speed.

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I saw an interesting stat line today:

Drives started by JJ: FG, INT, punt, FG, punt, punt.

Drives started by JL: TD, TD, TD, punt, TD.

What if JL had started every drive? Could we have possibly dropped 50?

I wouldn't be surprised if we have only begun to see how far this kid has come, and what he can do for us.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I have no doubt that we could have. We were doing whatever we damn well pleased when he was in the game. It would have also taken points off of the board for Florida.

That is my only gripe about the way this game was coached. Much like the TN game, if Lee gets 80% of the snaps, the game isn't close. Yet Jefferson went trotting back out there just when we needed another score to ice the game. It's clear that Jefferson can't sustain a drive by himself. I don't think he's done it all year long.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I agree. There's no way to know if Jarrett Lee would have thrown a pick at some point, had he played more, but we do know that Jefferson did anyway. Interceptions happen, so maybe that's unfair. Realistically though, the two special teams gaffes were the aberrations that made the game close. Those 15 (wasn't that where they went for 2?) points should have never happened.

6. Attack Tiger

Agreed. We may have been lucky the ball bounced the way it did on the fake, but Florida was lucky to even be in that game.

Luck is a part of the game. I'm tired of hearing about it.

7. white river

white river Veteran Member

re

i agree he moved the team down the field. than lessie would put JJ in. i understand why lessie did it. it's not fare to lee in my opinion . to take him out in the red zone. LSU!

8. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

We haven't tried the 1 QB system with Lee yet...not this year anyway. Lee deserves a shot, and use JJ intermittently.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wonder if you lined up Spencer Ware at QB, or Shep, and then either Ware or Shep at tailback in the shotgun. Direct snap to the tailback then run the zone read what that would do.

10. Attack Tiger

Cause the defense to bring eleven to the line. :hihi: