J Lee's first pass in the game,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stamant79, Oct 25, 2009.

1. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

I watched it again. It was almost intercepted. Thrown to TT; ball was tipped in the air, DB ran in and almost intercepted the pass.

Jim Hawthorne even said "Almost intercepted!"

2. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

To JL's defense I saw a reciever that did not hear the playcall and did not look back for the ball...That is why the ball was not picked, The reciever did not look back so the defender did not know the pass was coming till it was too late.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I didn't think it was a smart call by Crowton to put JL in that position on his own 2 yard line, and his first time in the game in 3 games! :redface:

4. danthetigerfan

JJ was knocked silly on his last possession, probably best to let him sit out with the big lead

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I think he just meant they should have went with some safer playcalling.

6. danthetigerfan

I think the playcalling was good, LSU O could not get a good push most of the night. Trying to run the ball on the 2 could have resulted in a safety. I would say Crowton stuck with the gameplan.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

That's what I meant, in that situation, on the two, first time in the game in a while. If he throws the pick on the two and the defender would probably score, it would mess with JL's head. I wouldn't have made that call.

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

My first thought (and my current) was that it was a poor route by TT. If TT had his head turned around that's an easy catch. It looked like a busted play, not a poor pass.

And man.. he has a cannon. I have the utmost confidence if JJ were to go down, and I still think Lee should see a series or so per game.

1 person likes this.
  9. danthetigerfan

+1

10. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

Some of you guys on this forum are complete $%#@$. If you have taken the time to read my post instead of trying to show how superior of a fan you are, you would have realized I wasn't "judging" anyone. Please, read the post again!!

I have been a tiger fan longer than most of you on this board have been alive. I have sat in the stadium in the 70s, and 80s and cheered the team after they lost and you could count the number of fans in the stadium in less that a minute. I always hope for the best to happen to the team, the players on the team and LSU in general. We all get frustrated with some of the things that happen and vent every once in a while. That happens on a forum. Please don't twist what I say into something it is not. If you read the whole post,which it is obvious you did not, I said, "He is a good kid and gratefully the defender did not catch the ball. That may have been hard for everyone, including the team to get past. Please explain to me where I was "judging" anyone.