J Lee's first pass in the game,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stamant79, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That throw was absolutely sick. Kid can air it out as well as anybody in the country. Man, I wanted so bad for Lee AND Randle for that pass to be caught. Would have been sweet.
    Then that just confirms that it wasn't even close.

The hysteria over something that 'almost' happened is laughable. . .much moreso than when we 'almost' lose a game to a lesser opponent. Last time I checked, the pass he threw counted for neither an interception nor a TD for Auburn.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Get over yourself, you made the post did you not want people to in turn post their opinion? We're we all just supposed to read your post and bow down to you? You started a new thread pointing out that JL's first pass was almost picked. Did you also start one about his two great passes and how about a thread for the one that may have been a long TD if not for the contact down field? Why did you start an entire thread about one throw that wasn't caught by anyone and was totally meaningless to the game?

3. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I think too many of us are too worried about the condition of JL's head. There is no real evidence he is still whacked out from last year. I just think he hasn't had enough reps this year so it's hard to just all of a sudden come in and start rolling. I'd REALLY like to see him get a few series if we build up a big lead on Tulane and let him get his confidence and rythm in a game. Remember we could be a Tebow type hit on JJ on any play and if it happens then JL will have to be the MAN. The kid definitely has a gun.

4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

You can say what you want about Lee but one thing you can't say is that he is gutless. Anyone else in his position would be taking sacks just not to throw INTs. The pass to the sidelines was pretty special... the receiver was cutting outside and the defending was cut in to take the angle... his arm strength got the ball there and he went through his progression to get to that receiver. Receiver caught it in stride to the sidelines and made something out nothing because Lee put in a position to where the receiver could do something with it.

To much is made of the statement, "just get the ball to the play makers".

Anything is better than playing not to loss, just watch Tennessee game after game.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I don't think JL could have been put in a worse position to get his first series of downs in the season (before this was just a pass here or there or a hand off). Backed up on the 2 yard line of your own endzone and he still rocketed the ball in there. I haven't pulled that hard for a long ball competition in a long time. The kid definitely DESERVES something good to happen to him.

Say what you want about him, but he's been nothing but a true tiger.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

How bout Lee's 2nd pass of the game? The ball to LaFell was right on the money and he threw it without locking on him and without hesitation. Good for him

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think this is the one I thought everyone was saying was almost picked. Guess I missed the first one. My bad

8. LSUTyga73

Guess you must have because anyone who saw it definitely had about a whole seasonful of nightmarish flashbacks in about half a second.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lee is fearless, he's going to get some interceptions. Jefferson is careful, he won't. But he'll miss some opportunities, too. We are fortunate to have a wide variety of quarterback skills available. It's good to see all three quarterbacks get playing time in an SEC game.

10. LSUTyga73

Right and I'm happy to have both. It was just a little surprising for Lee's first pass of the game to come out of his own endzone kind of recklessly. But he did it again on the 2nd pass and it worked beautifully. It's good to know that we have a backup QB with a seasons worth of experience.