J.P. Booty Future?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Jul 14, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nah I can seem em fine already. lol

2. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Honestly, I don't think Saban would give the Booty boy a scholarship. He'd make him walk on and earn a scholarship.

3. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

JPB sister-in-law=tirk avatar

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Booty is the number 2 at USC, they never had a QB get in trouble I don't think, but Booty was already number 2. The word is that he will probably redshirt this season and not play in any mop up situations. That way he could start for 2 years at USC, which is actually the the longest most QB's start in college, especially if they go somewhere with a lot of good QB's. Expect him to stay there and compete for the job.

5. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

I don't want any more Booty's at LSU. I couldn't stand Abram and Josh, cocky little SOB's, and I am sure this one is no different.

6. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

It's John David!

It's John David Booty not JP! LOL :lsug:

7. friday

friday Founding Member

most evangel players are a product of their system and aren't as good as advertised at the collegiate level. I think the results speak for themselves. Look at the berlin kid - supposed to be all world. he hasn't done jack in college playing for two teams with tons of offensive talent. Somebody refute me if I'm missing some former evangel players that were as good as their so called rivals ratings and such.

I don't think the booty kid would even see the field with our stable of young QBs and Perilloux waiting in the wings.

8. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

I could care less.........I mean.... I could not care less (whew that was close). :)

9. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Evangel players

I think we should continue to recruit Evangel players.

We've landed talents such as (see below)

Josh Booty
    Abram Booty
    Byron Dawson
    Robert Davis
    Philip Maxwell
    Chase Pittman (who recently transferred from UT)
    Jacob Hester

We've lost the battle on a few.

Philip Deas, Brock Berlin, Brent Rawls, Philip Maxwell, Stevie Lee, Chris Bowers, John David Booty and Tristan Smith.

That's 15 players. This school might be this and that, but they produce college football players. I think Nick Saban has done a good job of recruiting Evangel players, and he should continue to do so. All these guys above might not be all-americans but they all have talent to play at the college level. And, we all know Saban and company are great at making good high school players into great ones!!!! Give Evangel a break!!! :lsup:

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

JDB is not, I repeat, NOT leaving USC. Even if Leinart stays till the end, that gives him two years to be The Man there. That is probably okay by him, he knew the situation he was coming into with Leinart being a redshirt freshman this year.