Jabari Greer Out for Rest of Regular Season

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Big time....but assuming we get Porter back in 2 weeks or so, with Porter, McKenzie, Jenkins and Gay, we'll be alright. At least we'll get him back for the playoffs.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Not sure why this wasn't diagnosed earlier. Surgery several weeks ago would put him in better shape to return this season.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Saints are actually hoping they may be able to get him a little PT vs the Carolina Panthers in week 17.

Worst case, he is healthy after 5 1/2 weeks come the playoffs. That's all we really need him for.

The Saints play 3 horrible offenses in Atlanta (minus QB/RB), Tampa and Carolina. The Cowboys are suspect on offense lately (was much better earlier in the year) and that game is at home.

Look for Gregg Williams to solve the problem we had at Washington.

I think we will see a lot less blitzing and get the rush from the front 3 (like we did vs the Pats). The back 8 can cover just fine.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

How come the Saints Docs are always behind in diagnostic stuff....Im still not drinking the Kool Aid on Jenkins being an CB...well let me say a good one that can cover.

6. islstl

From Coach Payton today:

"Tuesday in Philadelphia he went ahead and had the sports hernia procedure done. We weighed it versus him coming back and playing through it. We felt like there was enough time with the schedule. We’re going to list him as out for this game and our hopes are we can have him back by Carolina so he can be 100 percent rather than play through the sports hernia."

7. islstl

They knew a couple of weeks back at least from what Coach Payton said today in the press conference. Word is they were trying to get him through it without the procedure being done and his issue with his abdomen would simply not go away quick enough so they decided to take the safer route by having the procedure.

8. pjnchamps

hope this isnt karma for cutting McAllister...

9. pjnchamps

If they really did know a couple weeks back that makes them look even more stupid..I would've kept that to myself for real:huh:

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nah....McAlister wasn't with us long enough for any karma to build. Now, McKenzie....played through some lean times with us, cut before the beginning of the best season in team history, then brought back and immediately plays a huge role in one of our biggest wins ever. You cut him, you take a major karma hit. I say all of this like I am some sort of authority on karma. :hihi: