Jackass AD for USC on MIke and Mike

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by yorktigerfan, Dec 9, 2003.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Actually we would have been 3rd. We gained over an entire point in SOS by playing 10-1 Georgia (remember the first loss we put on them did not count on our SOS for GA). Our SOS went from 2.28 to 1.16. The QW was actually .40 since GA was 7th in the BCS. Not to mention we passed USC in 3 polls due to the big win over GA. We would have lost by at least 1.7 points.

For the AD of USC to say that LSU got lucky to play the toughest team in their conference, whom they already beat, and basically had to play them on the road and beat them for a 2nd time in one season, is irresponsible and childish on his part. USC should be ashamed that their AD is spouting out such nonsense on the airwaves. No class. LSU is all class however. You will not hear any bullshit like this come out of the Athletic Department of LSU, you can bank on that. Be proud of LSU and let the morons shoot themselves in the foot.

2. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Some guys at ESPN thinks America got robbed, it is all about ratings, they will campaign so hard for painting the USC game as the NC game. Why?? maybe they do not like the SEC or LSU, or maybe that LA being the 2nd largest media market, they are trying to pump up the ratings for the game. Also try to read some of the non sports news sites like Fox and Cnn, the tone of most of the articles I read that USC is playing for the NC in the Rose Bowl.

3. Dutchtown tiger

I know that this is a hypothetical but say that we are in USC shoes. We would we get the same reaction from the media???

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No way. It would have come up a little, and then gone quietly away. Especially since LSU was 2nd in both human polls. Now if you are asking had we been #1 in both polls like USC, then yes they would be forced to scream and yell about the injustice, whether they like it or not.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Its like I have said all along, MICHIGAN MUST WIN! If they dont, I GUARANTY that AP will give USuCk their votes and EVERY SINGLE source will report a split championship. When we beat Okie, I want it to be for ALL THE MARBLES. We shouldnt have to share a championship with an undeserving USuCk team and their patsy schedule. I dont want the LSU accomplishments dimminished this year because of the idiots in the media and morons in LALA land.

6. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

The funny thing is that USC got screwed with the most objective aspect of the BCS: the strength of schedule. I know that the computers screwed them, but why? Its because they have a weak ass SOS. I hear Pete Carroll saying that its pretty sad that the decision came down to Boise St. and Syracuse. NEWS FLASH: IT DIDN"T. It came down to all the losses of your opponents and youself over the year. Everybody plays by this SOS game, but Pete can't handle it.
    ALSO...IF ITS SUCH AN ADVANTAGE TO HAVE A CONFRENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, WHY DOESN'T THE PAC-10 HAVE ONE?

7. Dutchtown tiger

It came down to their weak conference. The Pac-10 will always be inferior to the Big 10, SEC, and Big 12

8. austintiger54

austintiger54 Freshman

I don't know--the Big 10 is pretty sorry in its own right. The Big 12 and SEC, though, you are right about, because unlike the Pac- and Big- Tens, there are more than 1 or 2 really high quality teams in our leagues

9. Dutchtown tiger

BTW, I am not a Big Ten lover. But I will say they are Superior to the Pac-10. Just look at there NC's the last few years.

1998-Mich
    2002-OSU

Pac-10-None

10. Tigre Saoul

Tigre Saoul Freshman

You guys are right on the money about the media favoritism! Right after the LSU win, Trev Alberts was at a loss for words. He admitted he was wrong and ate crow. However, when they went back to him on SportsCenter later on, he didn’t praise LSU for the win that much. Instead, he focused on Georgia’s mistakes. When USC wins a game, the media focuses in on how well they played. When LSU wins, the media focuses in on how bad our opponent played. The media has no love for SEC or Big 12. I hate Oklahoma because we’re playing them, but those guys haven’t gotten the respect from media as an undefeated team should receive. If a Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, etc. would go undefeated, you’d never hear the end of it.