Jaime and John

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 3, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

if you are hurt, and could not or should not play, thats is not the same as quitting.

if he was healthy, i am sure he would still be with the team. if your lsu career is only a few more games, none of which you can play in due to injury, i dont see how not playing is quitting.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Whether he had a falling out with Brady and quit or his worries of futher injury influenced his decision I don't know. It might be a combo. He was cleared to play and thought he still wasn't 100% and decided to call it quits. It reeks of outside involvement. Somebody, somewhere told him he should move on. Whether an agent is involve or not doesn't matter. It is odd that Brady has lost so many players during his tenure but I chalk that up to being a tough coach. It his way or the highway and I respect that.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I completely respect the "my way or the highway" policy, but I do believe that it needs to be established early in a career and not simply enforced in the final week of a senior season...

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

again we are assuming there was a "my way or the highway" policy in this case.

for all we know, jaime just feels like he cant play the next few weeks and has left town to see some doctors. isnt it a players decision to make if he is healthy enough?

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You do realize these are college students on athletic scholarships? Do you not understand what that entails? This is not professional sports where you go on injured reserved. Not returning to school means he QUIT!

That thought process is so assbackward it's hard to respond.

Thank god Mauck didn't have that attitude 2 years ago...

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Wasn't that Dinardo's philosphy and this is what happens when
    you recruit a quality player with questionable character

7. JWILL

JWILL Freshman

I read the articles and watched the news interviews. No where have I seen where it’s said Lloreda quit the team. What it states is that a third independent party has stated he needs six weeks of rehab. Seems to me that he is still hurt just like was stated before Sunday’s game. It looks to me like Brady and his medical crew tried to force Lloreda back to the court too soon to further their own selfish needs. It just appears that the Brady got beat at his own game. Lloreda had enough sense to get a second opinion from some one who has no ties to L.S.U. This is some one who would have no reason to clear him to play if he weren’t medically ready. The article does state that Brady said Lloreda’s time away from the team would preclude him from playing for the tigers again. Sounds like he was told that if he refused to play hurt, he would be put off the team. As far him not returning to school, you have no idea what Lloreda’s intentions were. If you missed a couple days from school to seek medical attention, should we drop all your classes and say you quit school. I agree with Dallaslsu’s analogy to taking a class you don’t need. Then all this talk about who would pay for him to go to Miami, please. The money could have come from a lot of places. Sports agents aren’t the only one who have enough money to pay for a ticket to Miami. Hell, I would have loaned him the money. Plus he has at least one brother playing pro-balll in Russia. I’m sure his brother could spare a couple hundred for a plane ticket.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

Bottom Line, everyone is making assumptions and we may never get the full story...

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

And gotten LSU put back on probation. Thanks a whole helluva lot, Redfield.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Brady said on the news that he expected Jaime to show up and see the doctors yesterday evening and he was a no show. Sounds like it was Jaime's descision to leave the team to me.:dis: :dis: