Jaime and John

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 3, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Something is very wrong and I certainly hope that rules have not been broken. Lloreda faxed a response - not a good sign. If you left something on good terms would you limit your communication to faxed messages?

2. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Anyone could play with plantar fasciitis if he wanted to. It just isn't a big deal. Go to any YMCA pickup game and you'll probably find someone playing with the same thing. He won't make it in the NBA if this keeps him out of games.

3. friday

friday Founding Member

for those of us not in med school

from a medical site -

Plantar fasciitis, which may cause the heel to hurt, feel hot or swell, is inflammation of the plantar fascia, a thin layer of tough tissue supporting the arch of the foot.

doesn't sound too bad but what do I know.

good ridance jaime. you've got 3 mos to a college degree. hopefully, the team can put this behind them, move on, and win some ball games.

4. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Usually plantar fasciitis isn't very serious. I deal with it everyday.

If he stretched it everyday, and took some aleve he would probably be fine. I played football in high school with it. If it was serious enough, he could have injections.

Doctors do usually recommend a slow return to activity though.

A more serious complication of plantar fasciitis is if there were osteophytes, bony protrusions, also present. I doubt it here, because this would be an indication for surgery.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It was a general observation and not really intended to discribe Jamie's situation. I don't think Coach ran him off. I did thnk that he was pushing Jamie to play instead of letting his ankle heal. I've had enough strains and pulls to know that a few days is not enough to get going again. I do believe it is wrong for him not to show up to be honored with Charlie as a senior. Shows his priorities are not his education and his team. I felt Jamie was on borrowed time anyway...I would not have had him around after he punched a teammate.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

Where there is smoke there is fire, and smoke has been flowing from Brady's team for a long time. Many players have quit...this, imo, is not a coincidence - something about the man irks people and this hurts not only his current teams, but his recruiting. I wish we'd wash our hands of him and his staff and start over.

7. scotts

scotts Freshman

No teenaged kid is going to tell his coach and team doctor "hey, i don't trust your medical oppion, i'm going to an out-of-state doc for a second oppion."

No 'english as a second language' student writes a fax like that one.

No 'Basketball Player' quits his team in the last week of the season.

I enjoyed watching him play for us, but I'm so disappointed in him. I hope to never see him again.

I'm sure his high school coach is the man telling him what to do for a future %$. And for anyone to advise a NCAA athlete to quit his team - is beyond all reasoning.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

All good points. It is likely that someone is in his ear telling him that he is already a millionaire so why not get out while the getting is good. His team is floundering without him so that must mean that he is the only reason they were good.

And for the person who said that he was 3 months from a college degree... I have to laugh. He was brought here to play basketball. No more no less.