Jake Tompkins to start Friday's game - opinions good or bad?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sabertooth, May 28, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I agree with the decison. You need to have one of your aces to pitch on Saturday to avoid an elimination game on Saturday. The big decison on Saturday, do you pitch Pettit or Determan? And where do you put in Mier? Do you bring him in for releif on Friday or Saturday?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For Saturday you go with Bumstead. He has been the most consistent pitcher all year and while he dosen't have a blazing fastball he has great location and control and has command of his sinker and changeup. Gets a lot of ground outs and dosen't give up too many long balls. Bumstead on Saturday will most likely be against Tulane. If we should happen to lose that game we still have Pettit for the second Saturday game. I hope it dosen't play out that way but if it does we have have Meier and Determan for the Sunday starters with Tomkins and Bumstead in the bullpen for long relief and possibly Pettit for a close in short relief. Tompkins was the MVP of last years regional and I'm looking for him to regain that form and come up bit time