Jalen Mills Arrested for Second Degree Battery

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jun 11, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like I said, Les does what he can to help players, I've seen it. But at the same time, will let player go

The key word, "Rumored."

OK, also, LSU just picked up a verbal for 2015 from a QB. Welcome Tiger.

didit and gyver like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

False.

You can be charged with a felony assault or a misdemeanor assault. Usually, the degree of assault you will be charged with depends upon whether an injury was inflicted, as well as the severity of the injury.

1. First Degree Assault: First degree assault is usually charged when serious bodily harm is inflicted, or in the case of assaulting a police officer. The sentence for first degree assault is up to 20 years of jail time, as well as serious fines in the tens of thousands of dollars.
    2. Second Degree Assault: Second degree assault charges will be brought if a dangerous weapon is used as part of the assault (as in Assault with a Deadly Weapon). A person convicted of second degree assault could face up to 7 years in prison and fines exceeding $10,000. If the assault charge includes a dangerous weapon as well as serious injury to the alleged victim, fines could climb and jail time could reach 10 years.
    3. Third Degree Assault:Third degree assault is charged when a person assaults another individual and causes substantial bodily harm, or if the accused assaults a minor. Jail time in this case could reach 5 years, as well as the minor being taken away in a domestic assault case. If the minor is under 4 years of age, the jail time could increase, as could fines.
    4. Fourth Degree Assault: Fourth degree assault includes such charges as assaulting a police officer if s/he is executing their duty. Usually, fourth degree assault is a gross misdemeanor, can net up to one year in jail and thousands of dollars in fines. Mitigating circumstances can increase these fines and jail time. It is also a crime to assault a firefighter in the line of duty.
    5. Fifth Degree Assault: A fifth degree assault is a misdemeanor charge, yet even this requires a skilled New York assault defense lawyer who understands how to clear your record. A first offense could be punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.
    If someone assaulted my daughter by hitting her I would let the courts handle it; whereas, if she were sexually assaulted, I may have to intervene. Point being, to say "assault is assault" is ludicrous.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

No apologist here, if he hit this girl not in self defense he should be let go.

Winston1 and TigerTap like this.
  4. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Though it's still very early in the process, at least initially things don't look good for Jalen. An arrest on a second degree battery charge is a pretty big deal. First, it's a felony, as opposed to the simple battery charge Hill picked up. Second, if the charge sticks, any sentence he receives -- through a plea bargain or trail -- to a second degree battery allegation may not be probatable. Third, if he gets any jail time he'll have to serve 85% of it before he's parole eligible.

I fully expect the suspension from the team to stick until this comes to a final resolution.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I'd say he'd have to do it intentionally

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Three comments:

1. If the female was a student, Les will have little sympathy for one of his trained, physically dominating athletes hitting her. He will be gone.

2. If she was a prostitute with a record of false accusations, nothing will come of it. It could be anything, we've only heard one side.

3. Ignoring a police summons is first-degree stupid.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Looks like the victim is saying it was a deliberate punch by Mills. The Mills side says he was breaking up a fight between his girlfriend and the victim and he elbowed her in the face by accident while breaking the fight up.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Two sides to every story, ok with this one, three sides.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

I am waiting for the Rest of the Story .

LSUDad likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Keep waiting.

LSUDad likes this.