Jalen Mills Out 4 to 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Aug 19, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Sound Bites: Jamal Adams and Rickey Jefferson weigh in on Jalen Mills’ injury
    August 19, 2015 Ross Dellenger 0 Comments
    [​IMG]
    Jalen Mills, with the mic, stands behind a seated Jamal Adams during LSU’s media day. (HILARY SCHEINUK)

LSU safety Jalen Mills suffered a significant ankle injury and will miss at least the first two games of the season.

On Wednesday night at a scheduled interview session, fellow DBs Rickey Jefferson and Jamal Adams spoke about Mills’ injury, what it means for them, the team and more.

Jamal Adams

• “It’s tough. Definitely tough. I think we’re going to bounce back. He’s going to be fine. He’s going to be right there in the mix for us come mid-season or whenever he comes back. It’s the next man up. That’s how it’s always been at LSU.”
    • “It was tough for him. It’s tough for anybody that gets injured. His head is high and he’s going to keep faith. He’s going to bounce back from it.”
    • “I was away from the play and I just saw him down. Maybe he rolled up on his ankle or something. I still don’t even know what it is.”
    • “No energy lost (at afternoon practice). Next man up. I think in the back end we have so much depth and so much talent … Rickey Jefferson, he stepped right in and no let down.”
    • “I took a little bit more role of being more vocal, trying to help others sideline to sideline (without Mills). When Jalen was here, he was helping that side and I was kind of helping this side. When I was out there the second practice, I was trying to be more vocal to the whole entire secondary and defense.”
    • “The next man up. It’s an LSU tradition. It’s what’s been here since before I had even got here. Next man up, whoever it is, it’s not going to be a letdown.”
    Rickey Jefferson

• As a position group we were hurt, went in there to console our brother while we could. I know he was at low spirit. He has his spirits pretty high right now. We’re just waiting for him to get back. He will be back sooner than later. We’re just anticipating that, and trying to do the best we can right now in execution and not missing a step.
    • “I feel like I was going to play a lot this upcoming year anyways, but it definitely gives me the opportunity to play more, looking forward to contribute to the team any way I can.”
    • “Just gave him hugs. Prayed for him. Situation like that happens, it’s very sad. But you’ve got to try to keep his head up and let him know everything’s going to be alright.”

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ha
    Hanigriff and Jimmy Orr mentioned both possible injuries on their noon radio show.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

probably will be moved to linebacker.

dudley and LSUDad like this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The morning paper says that he will out for "possibly two weeks" and that his mom said that the Wednesday night X-ray was "good". Not sure where this broken ankle story is coming from.

dudley, LSUMASTERMIND and LSUDad like this.
  5. dudley

dudley oops!

With our dynamic offense, defense won't matter much this season.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

His experience will be missed. Knowing what to call how to position others is as critical as athletic ability. Remember when Jack Hunt was a senior safety? He was 5'10" at best 190lbs and not real fast yet he was key to one of our best Ds ever. When he graduated he was replaced by a much better athlete who ended up a pro, yet the secondary took a step back that first year. Mills will be missed and I hope his injury is as minor as his mom reported.

red55 likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the qb of our defense gone. this is almost as bad as losing welter to beckwith.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

probably back by Auburn is my guess. not to worry, i think Adams is the star of the defense beckwith withstanding. We are deep at safety and have leadership all over the field on the defense.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Still, we need his experience as quarterback of the defense. Adams is awesomely talented but is he ready to call for the correct play to play adjustments that Mills has proven capabilities. I think we beat Moo U without him but we need all the horses at full speed for Auburn

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hang 50 on them and hang on the second half:eek: