Jalen Mills Out 4 to 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Aug 19, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Todays paper says Mills will definitely be out for 6 or more weeks. Surgery was performing on the leg and a rod put in.

Bad Juju. Not likely to be entirely ready this season at all. That sucks for a senior just named to the All-SEC team

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I wonder if he will consider a medical rs?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Probably not. He could have gone pro last year and probably would have been drafted on the lower rounds. Now he will play whatever is left of the season if he recovers and rehabs soon enough and take hos chances with the draft. Tough break for Mills and for LSU

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think it is a possibility. Will just depend on how he feels and how soon he can get back.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Fib fx then. They don't put rods in for sprains, LOL.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I feel worse for Jalen than I do for LSU. Kid was going to get paid with a strong senior year. He still will be, but not as high. Some LSU players have had rotten luck of late with the draft.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

His draft stock will fall like Mettenberger's did. He will get drafted but he'll have to work his butt off the make a roster.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Area 51 is still in effect. Stupid miles.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I feel for Mills coming back for his senior season and now this injury. However if it were to happen to a position, let it be DB. There is more than enough talent depth to help to compensate. I wish him the best on a full, speedy recovery.

Brian likes this.
  10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Which, does he decide to come back after 6 to 7 games off even when he's not going to perform well due to health? Does he redshirt? Does he just sit?

My guess is he'll return and play and you're right, his stock will fall, but if LSU makes the playoffs, and Jalen's healthier by then he might show out and improve his status.

Really, though, he might be okay. Look how high Jalen Collins went, and people in the NFL know LSU is DBU, and so I think those things work in his favor. Had Jalen been on say Kentucky or even Auburn's team and had this injury? I don't think his stock would benefit as much. Regardless, hate to see kids come back for their senior year and get hurt.

Winston1 likes this.