Jamarcus Russell on next season, R-P, and Saban's departure

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Mar 11, 2005.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

2. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

Well this at least explains why he is over-weight. I feel a little better knowing this information,,,I thought he was just being lazy. He needs to lead in all areas if he is going to lead LSU...The QB position is critical to our success. Matt Mauck did not have the greatest talent, but decent, and was great in many other areas that kind of went unnoticed until last year...

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Well, it does shed some light on Bowl practice and why Flynn was used first. I think JR is going to have a bang up year following up on the Bowl performance.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Sounds like JR really handled the interview well--said the "right things". It's also good to hear that he's just going to use RP as motivation--as well he should.

Thanks for posting

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'll be really disappointed if Russell doesn't report to fall practice in the best shape of his life and mentally ready to lead this team. We'll find out what Russell is all about this year.

On a side note, am I the only one bothered when a player refers to a coach by their first or last name? I know Saban is no longer his coach, but he called him Nick several times. Reminds me of when Booty did that with Saban when he was here. It's not a big deal, but I always viewed that as a bit disrespectful. Maybe I'm just an old school guy. However, he did say Coach Miles!

That was a good article...

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

How does it explain him being overweight? Because of his ELBOW?

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You know how hard it is to stay on a stationary bike with only one arn to hold on with? :yelwink2:

Calling Nick by his name now doesn't bother me at all. He is no longer Coach Saban IMO. Calling Miles Les would both me somewhat.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Saying Miles Les would confuse me! :grin:

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I hope Russell is in great shape but I want just one thing from him: A HARD WORK ETHIC IN THE FILM ROOM

If he sits in that room and studies hard.....and works hard in the Spring....his upside is amazing.