Jamarcus Russell to FSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EELSU1, Jan 26, 2003.

1. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

Insiders.com quoted a FSU recruit, Whitney Lewis, a WR from CA who visited FSU along with Russell this weekend:

" Me, JaMarcus and Lorenzo (Booker) hung out the whole trip," Lewis said. "JaMarcus is real cool, he's got that Alabama accent and all. He told me he's coming to FSU and it would be great to play with someone as talented as he is. I've heard great things about him and we clicked really well on this visit."

2. LSUAlum2001

LSUAlum2001 Freshman

With FSU's QB troubles, he would be smart to go there.

I don't think they have a QB commit, yet. They have lost the majority of their top QBs in the offseason.

At LSU, Mauck, Randall, Harrison, Ricard and Clausen are already here, and we already have 2 top 10 QBs committed. I think it's a no-brainer and he's going to get some free shoes.

3. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Recruits always say that stuff like "Uhh yea he told me he was coming." Most of the time they do not end up coming anyway. It would not be a wise move for JeMarcus to go there because FSU is in a downward spiral. And Lane will never wear the Purple and Gold because of all the baseball money. Hell if we want to use sources JeMarcus was at the Senior Bowl telling people he's gonna be a Tiger. We just do not know until signing day though.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Makes sense, go to FSU as the highly recruited and only QB, or go to LSU and compete with 3 top 15 QB's in the last 2 years (Ricard, Lane, and FLynn)

I never expected him to come to LSU. Although I think he does want to come to LSU, he realizes he can be the #1 guy at FSU.

5. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

What makes you think he has a better shot of beating out rix and the other kid over beating out Mauck or Randall?? I like his chances of being #1 here more than there. I heard Ricard was playing WR on the practice squad last year anyway.

6. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Tom Lemming has said that LSU has been JaMarcus' favorite all along the recruiting process and it's up to other schools to beat LSU.

At one time, most thought it would come down to Auburn and Tennessee for him. When he announced that it would be between LSU and Florida State, most experts say he's eventually going to sign with LSU.

Now that his visit to Tallahassee's over, I expect him to sign with LSU any day now.

7. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

I agree with BigJ in that the type of thing recruit Whitney Lewis said (about Russell) will be said and nothing comes of it. Insiders.com isn't quoting Russell himself, so it remains to be seen what Russell will do.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He can be the number one guy at LSU too. Nobody already here has the job locked up. Russell is rated higher than Lane or Flynn and one of those guys is starting to sound like he's not sticking.

9. LSUAlum2001

LSUAlum2001 Freshman

It depends on where you look. I've only seen one ranking with Russell ahead of Lane.

I'd rather have Land and Flynn if I had to choose two guys.