JaMarcus Russell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Jan 8, 2003.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

What are our chances of gettig him???

What about Ernie Sims, anyone know why we haven't recruited him hard?

2. Ew, I hope youre wrong too : ) Scarborough said on the radio today that his sources tell him that he is most likely coming to LSU, but still wants to take his FSU visit. I also hear that Rohan had talked to him about coming here as well.

3. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

someone also posted about him going to FSU on another Tiger board...saying the press conference would be held next week...probably just someone trying to get things started since he hasn't even had his official visit yet

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Anyone heard anything about Rohan's Brother ? I read a blurb about him and that he wants to come to LSU...

Also am Jamarcus, He has narrowed to LSU and FSU, however I think FSU really has the leg up because LSU has two top 20 QB's coming in and FSU just kicked off the team their supposed future.

I hope he comes to LSU but next year LSU will have a huge log jam at QB, with Lester, Lane, Flynn, Clausen, etc etc.

5. wvtiger

wvtiger Freshman

I am almost positive Ernie Sims is a Florida State commit and with Russell its down to us and FSU. I think the chances are 50-50 it could go either way.

6. TexasTigers

I did some research. Auburn fans sure dont like him anymore, they claim the decided to quit recruiting him, because he is shady and wants money. Funny thing is they offered him a scholarship.

Read this thread. One claims the LSU/Jamarcus Russell possible union is shady - He has "sources" in Baton Rouge.

http://citadel6.ezboard.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessage?topicID=26483.topic&index=5

Anyway, I really hope he choses LSU. He seems to be one heck of a player and he would do well here in Baton Rouge.

7. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I think auburn...got a case of real tiger envy....

But for real I think Auburn is just Jealous because they will lose one of their best in state kids to LSU or FSU and they don't know how to handle it. You never heard a bad word about him on their boards till he dropped them from his list. So that is what I think those rumors are. I don't think he is shady, but always a possiblilty but won't believe it, till the NCAA finds something.

8. chuck

chuck Founding Member

whoa there - I disagree - I mentioned MONTHS ago that issue with the prospect of tampering in the recruitment of J. Russell on this board (please don't make me go through the archives to find it). But you are all correct - we did offer him - and we are off his list - so who knows.

However, I think the accusations of shady dealings between Russell and Saban are out of line.

As far as losing the in-state player. Auburn is 3 hours from Mobile - so is Talahassee and I believe Baton Rouge may be under 3 hours . . .so I don' t think losing him is nearly as bad as say a Tez Doolittle or LeMarcus Rowell out of Opelika . . . .

9. TexasTigers

I think it stings when one of your own leaves the roost to play for a rival.

We have it with all those Evangel kids and with people like Warrick Dunn, and Travis Minor. Saban has seemed to close the door on Louisiana getting I believe 4 of the top 5 players in the State. But before Saban most of our great players went elsewhere.

I was just Stunned Mr. Alabama had neither Alabama school on his list. Personally I think he is FSU bound. If LSU gets 3 of the top 23 QBs in the nation, I would be very suprised.

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

he considered Auburn for a while - he kept going back and forth between having us on his final 5 and not having us.

It seems like in the past it was:
    LSU
    FSU
    Auburn
    Florida
    Tennesse

I think UT got dumped first, and then Auburn and Florida around the same time.