Jamarcuss Russell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by isawemwinsec, May 14, 2003.

1. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

I honestly feel that Jamarcuss will be able to make some much needed plays early in the season if the coaches dedcide to put him under center. I am hopeing however that if and when they determine to put him on the field that it is not more than 1/2 way through the season and we have already lost 2 or 3 with Mauck.

Lets geaux to the Sugar Bowl again please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

National championship game in New Orleans... think about it.......

Geaux Tigers.......

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If we are 1/2 way thru the season and undefeated with Maulk at QB, then why would we put in JaMarcus? Now if we lost 2 or 3 and are barely .500 there should be some serious consideration.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I would probably rather put Randall, Clausen, or Ricard in before putting Russell in there as a freshmen. I always hate it when coaches rush players onto the field. Sure, if he is a maniac his freshmen year he could play, but chances are that it would be better to hold him off until he learns the system completely. Give him a few snaps this year to let him feel the intensity of death valley, but I would hope we would hold off major playing time until he is mentally ready...

4. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

I agree with BayouBengal and DallasLSU, i think we need to just take out time with some of these freshmen.

:geaux: :lsug:

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Just remember that Mike Vick didn't play as a true freshman. It's just too hard to make the transition in such a short time, especially for a quarterback. The difference between college and high school is very large. Passes that he could fit between two defenders in high school will now be knocked down or intercepted. Everybody on the field is as fast as the fastest guys on the high school field.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Doesn't really matter to me which QB is under center. Whether it me Mauck, Randall or JaMarcus is not the issue. We just need someone that's consistant.

Too many times last season Randal looked like he could be an All-American QB on one play, and then a total bum on the next. He had WAY too many peaks and valleys (but I'll chalk that up to learning experience). IMO, the way we played, and the way the outcomes of the games were decided, we definately "followed the lead of our QB"--as he went, we did.

But, at least the head signal-caller position looks very, VERY bright for years to come. I'm excited! I just hope we can improve on our running game. I'm so used to seeing All-American running backs in the backfield that it's spoiled me a bit.

7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome BostonBengal!

(here are some of the new icons available from the left. Just click and it will insert them into your message)
    :geaux: :helmet: :angry: :cuss: :sob: :lsug: :lsup: :eek:ldskule: :tigerbase :tigerhead :wink: :grin: :cry:

You can also type their text equivlents and they will appear as well. Click on "Get More" to find out.