Jamarus Russell off to a great start: not really

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Dude i agree, he did do well. I never saw Billy Cannon show up at an LSU National Title game wearing University of Alabama gear. He should have just a little respect.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Yeah, it pissed me off too, but he is from Alabama. Maybe that's an old nickname or a new one. Who gives a damn? Did he walk the sidelines during the bama NCG?

And I would equate what Billy Cannon did as far worse then wearing a diamond necklace and mumbling during an interview. Felony counterfeiting and jail time is not bad??

Calling the guy a loser or ranking on him constantly is just two-faced, imo.

1 person likes this.
  4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great he is thinner and in better shape, is he going to work on learning the playbook and being better prepared for game day? Is he going to get back to the type of QB that earned him the 1st overall draft pick? Is he going to be the leader of this team or is he going to continue to show he just doesn’t care?

I hope that he turns things around. I really like JR and only hope that he becomes the NFL QB that he was drafted to be. He was a great player and representative for LSU. His life after LSU, I don’t think has any reflection on LSU unless he becomes a strong NFL figure and can be a good ambassador for the school. If he continues down the road to being a bust, he will be no different than many other highly touted prospects that didn’t live up to their billing.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

along the lines of what i was gonna say.

i appreciate what jr did at and for lsu. i would welcome him back on the sidelines politely because he did earn that with his years in purple and gold. what he is doing now does not take away his career at lsu.

however, i find it sad that his employer has such little faith in his work ethic that they assign a baby sitter to him to make sure he does what he should be grown up enough to do on his own. money seems to have made him complacent about actually earning his pay.

although i respect jr for what he did at lsu, i do not respect the player he has become since then.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree. It's closet racism.

7. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

eracism

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It had an elephant on it. Last time i checked the Elephant wasn't the State animal.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Is there someone who doesn't know that? What is your point? My point was that him wearing that and mumbling during an interview is not worse than felony counterfeiting and prison time. But we all still applaud Billy Cannon despite what he did after he left LSU. Why? Cause both guys played their butts off for LSU and won games.

You act like he he got caught chopping up bodies. Not liking him now or being disappointed does not diminish what he did here. Why do people have to tear that down? It's just ungrateful and petty.

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

He gets credit from me in any conversation about LSU. But 0 credit for his work in the NFL. Mostly due to ethics, though. Although I don't hate him for being the biggest Bama fan in the world, it just annoys me a bit.

Edit: Russell, not Cannon