Jamarus Russell off to a great start: not really

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Mar 16, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A little defense for our former Tiger, although I am not confident that he will change, nor am I happy with the perception it is creating of former LSU stars now in the NFL, but in all seriousness JR hasn't been in the best of atmospheres to promote advancement or desire to play in. Oakland is a mess and just maybe JR's attitude is just a part of the mess that is part of his surroundings. Maybe if he is in the right system with the right pieces around him he will rise above the ashes and prove why he was considered to #1 draft pick overall, and utilize his God given talent to its fullest. One can only hope for his resurrection and rise to excellence. I will always wish the best for former Tigers, and JR is no different.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Consider the source but Sapp says JM is the victim of a dysfunctional franchise but also puts blame on JM for being overweight and not working hard;

NFL Videos: Russell's future

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

He has a point, but you have to look at yourself for your personal physical shape. The NFL is just like any other job, show up unprepared and you're out the door.

4. LEGACY TIGER

Correct, but maybe we are all missing something, maybe he is smarter than any of us are giving him credit for and this is what he wants. Regardless of public perception and losing out on millions. He has already made millions and can afford to take a step back, if given the chance, to sit behind someone on a pretty good to really good team. Working on his technique and abilities. All the while getting back in shape. Think about it, let's say he gets picked up by the Saints, sits behind Drew Brees for a couple of years, gets back into good shape, learns from one of the best, works on his skills and abilities. Gets some play time in games that are well in hand. Works on his reading of plays and defenses. Gets to the level of why he was drafted #1 overall. Maybe this is his plan in the grander scheme. He could be a hot commodity again at that point. Not to say it is gonna happen, because he hasn't shown the capacity to actually do this, but hell who knows just maybe this is what he is trying to do. Of course a big gamble, because he could very well end up unemployed and not get a shot again and have to go play Canadian or European football leagues to try and even get considered again by an NFL team.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

:rofl: - Thanks for the laugh!

But seriously, this guy will be out of the league very soon. Maybe not this year but within 3 years or so. Furthermore, he will be dead broke probably by 35 but definitely by 40 and I think that's what it will take for him to finally realize how bad he screwed up. Obviously by then, it will be too late. He will work some job for an LSU booster making $15 an hour and only because the booster will feel sorry for him. I really think this is how it will shake out.

6. LEGACY TIGER

Unfortunately I am inclined to agree with you, but hey one can only hope that an LSU alum player can turn things around and become the success he should be.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Maybe his entire plan was to milk everything he could, as fast as he could, so he can retire early. Too bad that change is going to be spent up before he turns 30.

[​IMG]

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Raiders not cutting him just yet.

That's crazy.

If he gets hurt, they owe him 9.45 million, even if he doesn't make the team.

9. LEGACY TIGER

I read that if they don't cut him before camp, they probably won't let him on the practice field for that very reason.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

the latest is they arent' preventing him from showing up just yet

we'll have to see how that plays out